Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by L14MNP
    The seventh layer of hell!

Geordie used to be an umbrella term for all of the north east, but since Newcastle United was formed by Sir John Hall in 1992, they went their own way the 'geordie nation' was born - and behold!
    So where did mackems, pit yackers (aka pit yakkas, in cumbria) and charva's (Peterlee) come from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FFS she didn't even wipe it
    success is only limited by a weak mind

Senior User
    Sunny Sunderland by the sea. Well, inbetween there and Durham.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwmnw
    So where did mackems, pit yackers (aka pit yakkas, in cumbria) and charva's (Peterlee) come from?
    All of those terms still existed, and defined the areas to an extent, but I know fo a fact right up until the early 90's that it was common for the SAFC fans to be chanting 'Mackems, Geordies, Mackems, Geordies...'

Mackem is said to originate from shipbuilding on the Wear (largest ship building town in the world at one point no less). We made (mad / mak) them and the lads on the Tyne take them to fit out. How it was intended as an insult I will never know. Same as the 'wees keys are these keys' I have never heard anyone bar a mag say that, and they all think it's hilarious.

Made all the more funny in our eyes by the fact they speak anything less than the Queens English!

As much as I am not a mackem, I do have SAFC in my blood and as such, will do anything these days to distance myself from Geordies.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked how the girl watching went for a street fighter move on the guys on the left

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MK999
    Are you unaware of where Geordies come from?
    Lol I know where Geordies are from, I just wanted to know where I could find such tasteful women.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MK999
    Are you unaware of where Geordies come from?
    LMFAO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice...

Reminds me of the C4 documentary from a few years ago about Ashington (where I live, unfortunately)..

It basically implied that everyone from here's days amounted to necking six packs of Ace lager at all hours while gazing into the sky waiting for their pigeons..

Oh, and all the kids have kit kats for breakfast and Greggs pasties for every other meal..

Which is possibly the case for 80% of the town's population..

We even have our own breed of pigeon in the town centre, who are too fat to fly as they spend their entire lives in a permanent semi-circle around Greggs entrance, nicking the kids' pasties, etc..

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 88ESR
    Very nice...

Reminds me of the C4 documentary from a few years ago about Ashington (where I live, unfortunately)..

It basically implied that everyone from here's days amounted to necking six packs of Ace lager at all hours while gazing into the sky waiting for their pigeons..

Oh, and all the kids have kit kats for breakfast and Greggs pasties for every other meal..

Which is possibly the case for 80% of the town's population..

We even have our own breed of pigeon in the town centre, who are too fat to fly as they spend their entire lives in a permanent semi-circle around Greggs entrance, nicking the kids' pasties, etc..
    Not far from the truth though, is it? The only difference is, the pigeons can fly they just cant be arsed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwmnw
    Not far from the truth though, is it? The only difference is, the pigeons can fly they just cant be arsed
    Maybe, though the Ashington Greggs Pigeon weighs about a stone each so flying might be a distant memory to most..

Think we have the world record for most under 14 year old parents; tracksuit bottoms tucked into socks; gormless, vacant faces with flat or baseball caps on one main street at one single moment, anywhere, ever.......