Baxter, you crazy *******!

Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bro got his renewal for the Cav, shocking! It was around £550 in 2009, then went up to £900 in 2010 (nothing had changed). This years he's been quoted £1750.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im 17, and for a 1.2l nova the cheapest ive been qouted is £2k, Which i think is unfair as i live in the middle of nowhere so the car cant really be pinched, and ive worked on a farm driving 300hp + tractors for nearly 3 years now, so im not exactly inexperienced or a dangerous driver!
    Last edited by _Jake; 06-03-11 at 12:50 PM.

Senior User
    Somewhere under the bonnet. Drives: Mark 4 Astra GSi turbo. Builds: Nothing yet.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by autoworksnovasport
    ive just renewed my works van insurance been with the same company for 4 years when i took the insurance out it was £374 fully comp for the year stayed he same the next year then went upto £582 last year (no claims accident windscreens nohing) but couldnt be botherd swaping around so went ahead butt this year they want £978.66p for he same van at the same address nothings changed except the amount of years i have been with them i thought it was spossed to go down for being a loyal customer

anyway that anoying gocompare chap got me a better deal still not as good as 4 years ago though still payinng 400 pound
    Basically all they will say is that it is the "market value", you'd like to think it goes down, but because most people don't bother shopping around they like to bump it up. Always good to shop about, unless they discount you for being a loyal customer, no claims etc etc don't stay with the same company for more than one year IMO.

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year my quote on the TD standard was £1200ish, 2 years NCB/2 years driving no points at 22 and my (useless) insurance company weren't aware that I'd made a claim through them at my fault. Later insured it with 0 NCB, accident at my fault, modified, for under £800.

Renewals take the piss because people dont bother to look around at other companies and just pay it.