Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: New rules on Insurance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit
    Use a phone while driving? Bad news even with a hands free.
    Apparently the police won't give a toss if you're calling in a DD. I wouldn't like to risk it myself though!

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack

Apparently the police won't give a toss if you're calling in a DD. I wouldn't like to risk it myself though!
    Considering I've heard of people getting done for going over the line at red lights to let them through with sirens etc on I wouldn't either

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MK999
    Considering I've heard of people getting done for going over the line at red lights to let them through with sirens etc on I wouldn't either
    If that were me Id be kicking up a massive stink about that i can tell you!!!!

I once booted it down a one way street with no passing places because a pig was looming up behind me. Got to 70 in a 30 limit, and when I managed to pull over, i got the thumbs up

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee

I once booted it down a one way street with no passing places because a pig was looming up behind me. Got to 70 in a 30 limit, and when I managed to pull over, i got the thumbs up
    That once happened to me on the motorway,had a t5 blue lights and sirens welded to my ass at 90 in the outside lane,no room to safely pull in so i planted it,got to 120,my XR2 was absolutely screaming and got an acknowledgeable wave from the passenger as i finally broke past the traffic
    I felt like god....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee

i always speed up if i cant get out the way to help them, having said that an ambulance couldnt catch me for about 5 miles using this excuse lmao

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack

truth.

they actually asked me how long i could follow the driver for as there wasnt a local plod to intercept

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by draper
    truth.

they actually asked me how long i could follow the driver for as there wasnt a local plod to intercept
    sounds about right!! guy round here has just been front page news of our sh!tty little town newspaper because he caught two guys shoplifting, informed the shop staff who rang the police whos response was 'no one was watching the cctv because they were busy elsewhere' absolutely ridiculous!!

off subject slightly - i think even more insane is this documentary i've just watched on the colombian kidnappings 6 years ago - the german woman who was released after 80 days and airlifted out was taken to court by her own country for a 18,000 euro bill for the helicopter that rescued her!!! now thats a proper fooked country

Club Member Club Member Pistol Pete's Avatar
    Swindoncestershire Building: A Breeze Blue XE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to sky news, the ruling has been passed through. It will come in in December.
    My Rebuild

They're over there with their new toys. Someone brought them in. No idea who bought them though.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

December 2012!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12606610

Interesting. So now you can't discriminate on gender, surely that paves the way for not discriminating on age...?

In the short term (by short, I mean post-2012) it'll just make things more expensive for girls, of course in the meantime the insurance companies will probably just whack premiums up to make hay whilst the sun shines. In the long term, I see it paving the way for insurance pricing based on the car rather than the driver.