Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Being personally sued, when I have insurance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the key part there is he was said to drop the bike on purpose, that shows the type of person he is,

hope it ends well mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, i asked someone who knows this sort of stuff...

you must contact the court and arrange for the hearing to be in devon. as the alleged offence happened there.....and you are a poor young person who is resident in devon, you can put up a decent case for it being moved...... then see if he turns up.

m-teqbodyrepairs.co.uk Club Member 16v Nova Kev's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good information the guy sounds like a real ball bag imo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks alot Mowgli, need to spread Rep around before I give it to you again.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy sounds like a absolute prick. He is just trying make a quick buck at your expense. If it goes ahead go to your doc's and tell him that the stress this situation is putting you under is causing sleep deprivation, stress, nightmares etc anything medically you could add. Even say its affecting the way you drive. Just stack anything up in your counter suit and watch him sweat.

Hope it all comes right in the end

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, your original insurance should help out, as the case is related to their claim.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a fair few bikers...and i dont know any that would drop a bike after whacking the luggage. Perhaps a few that would put it on the stand, then start screaming and shouting...

You definately weren't in the wrong - i'd go with the counter sue...end of the day the courts arent completely unreasonable, and you might get some (much deserved) cash for all the hassle caused by this.

I doubt the insurance would help out with anything though, as if they've already paid out on it then they'll probbably just wash their hands of it all.

Definately go for him though, you'll regret it if you dont try!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi mate
    havnt read everything but heres my advice.

i crashed about 8 years ago it was all settled and i took the blame, other party got payed out etc nothing more heard.

up untill a few months ago i get a letter from a moody lawyer and a court summons saying they are sueing me for 8k for 8 years car hire personal injury etc. asking if i could reply with my details if i wanted to go to court or settle out of court for 7k. apparently the person i crashed into had been hiring a car for 8 years after the crash

rang my insurence and straight away they said they will deal with it. asked them if they thought i would get sued and was told because the person had already been payed out by my insurence for the vehicle, injury etc they didnt have a leg to stand on. she had already been payed for the car so no need to have 8 years hire and been payed for her injury

didnt hear anything from the moody lawyers or court since.

its people getting payed out then being cheeky and ringing these no win no fee f+ckers. which then they personally sue you hoping you will agree to settle out of court.
    there b+tards mate, ring the insurence company you were with and they will sort it. they whole point of having insurence is so things like this dont happen. if i was you i wouldnt even get in contact with the solicators hes using.
    Last edited by novaboyopr; 07-03-11 at 07:05 PM.