Thread: Long shot on here... 2003 '53' Ford Ka Luxury with very low miles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Long shot on here... 2003 '53' Ford Ka Luxury with very low miles! Now Sold!

2003 ‘53’ Ford Ka Luxury with very low mileage.

Here we have my wife’s Ford Ka Luxury in ‘machine silver’. Having owned this car from 6months old in which it only replaced her previous vehicle that got written off. She has now decided she would like something ‘a little more grown up’ (What ever that means?) now she has reached the grand old age of thirty!One previous owner also.

Due to catching the train to work daily this vehicle has done very little mileage for its age. The current total mileage amounts to 19,018, that’s correct 19,018! This will marginally increase due to minor use. The car has been mainly used at weekends for the shopping run and the like. One particular year it actually only did 1100 odd miles between the MOTs!

This car has wanted for nothing whilst she has owned it. I made sure of that myself being a car enthusiast. It comes with full Ford service history carried out at Bristol Street Motors of Birmingham in which all previous MOTs which are all present were also undertaken, which will verify the low mileage.

The car comes with all ‘Luxury’ features which include:

• Full leather interior.
    • Factory fitted CD player.
    • Heated Front Windscreen.
    • Electric Windows.
    • Air Conditioning.
    • Electric heated & adjustable door mirrors.
    • PAS.
    • Factory fitted alloy wheels – These are currently running O.E spec Continental tyres.

It has also had Ford ‘premium’ carpet mats fitted since we collected it also.

Being one of the first of the Ka’s in which Ford undertook some minor improvements this car also benefits from the much improved ‘Duratec’ version of the old pushrod engine, packing some 70ps. This is much improved over the earlier Ka’s in performance, reliability and economy. The improvements also included a rev counter in which earlier models weren’t equipped with.

During her ownership it has been extremely reliable with only the following faults having to be rectified:
    • Replacement battery (Ford).
    • Replacement coil pack due to slight misfire (Ford).
    • Replacement coil springs. It was discovered that the O/S rear had cracked at a previous MOT. Upon pricing these up with Ford and finding them to be an extortionate price (£50 odd pound each!), it was decided to fit a full set of Eibach performance springs which actually carry a Ford finnis number as an upgrade! These were half the price. They lower the car by 20mm and do not detract from the compliant ride. Those who have driven Ka’s before know they handle well out of the box, this upgrade just adds to this attribute!

As with any car of this age there are some minor marks, these do not detract from its overall appearance and are actually concentrated upon the wheels, which have some minor kerbing. Trust me I went ballistic upon discovering these when I cleaned it! Please see pictures for more detail.

The car has current MOT until September 2011 and is currently taxed until end of March 2011. A further six months tax can be added if required.
    I am not fussed about her selling the vehicle myself as for the money it will be hard to find a car this age with the mileage and condition it is in. However I would say this is an ideal car for a learner or new driver, a daily driver/work hack or for a elderly relative who needs a run around?

Price £2900.00 O.V.N.O
    Car is located near Cannock in Staffordshire.

Hope I haven’t waffled on too much, any questions please do not hesitate to contact me…

Last edited by Mint FRST; 12-02-11 at 03:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now sold! Mods please remove...