Thread: what sort of system to buy?

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what sort of system to buy?

basicly im looking to re-do my nova luxe's sound system. pretty sure on what to do about a sub box in the back but i was more worried about the standard 2 speakers in the back sides of the shelf and the 2 in the front dash. im trying to keep the car as standard as i can in the sence of not chopping and changing everything for aftermarket parts but a 20 year old system is not keeping up with the music i listen to. so if anyone knows where i should be looking for some speakers that will go straight in without much intrusion or any ways of getting round it so in the end i have a nice system running that looks standard that would be amazing!
    also i still have the original head unit and would be changing it for a blaupunkt unit. just any pointers in the right direction would be usful as im new to nova's

m-teqbodyrepairs.co.uk Club Member 16v Nova Kev's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some people put an up to date head unit in the glove box and leave the std one on show. if i was you i would get quality front ones in the dash and 6/9s on the back shelf.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get a good set of componant speakers up front
    (mid bass and tweeters seperate)
    and you can do away with the need for 6x9's providing anything for the people in the back
    and then just keep your sub and you'll be fine
    although post people will say you NEED 6x9's
    if you buy a good pair of front componants you really won't see much difference at all

Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good 13cm - 17cm components in the doors preferably at the front part of the door on pods, the tweeters in the dash (to replace the standard speakers), sub in the boot and components in the rear shelf.

That's my setup and works wonders. People in the rear get to hear the mid frequencies rather than just hearing a load of bass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get some decnt 4inch for the front, So should fit in the dash and then get some 6x9s and a stelth shelf for the back.. you may need to wire the amp up to the 6x9s though!

Will sound pretty dam good like that!

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers all, decided on some duel cone components for the front and rear replacing the current ones, and the head unit to power them, then just running the sub into the boot as normal, just the least hastle job for the moment and can add some 6x9s on a stealth shelf in the future. was mainly worried about the mounts for the components for the dash and rear sides of the shelf.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some twin 40's or throttle bodies