Thread: sub/s and amp/s in saloon boot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sub/s and amp/s in saloon boot

Basically thinkin of carpeting the boot of my loon (sides and back of seats), and was plannin on putting maybe a 10 or 12" sub in either side.

Thinkin of puttin them in the front half inside the metal frame work (carpeted wood attached to the frame work and sub mounted to the wood) as i need the depth and the width at the back.

Do you reckon there is enough room to do this? Cant check it myself at the moment as my car is gettin painted 15 miles away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh mate the best way to get a good sound in a saloon is to run a 'bandpass' type box, you can get away with a ported type box with the port running through the shelf but unless you sound-deaden the whole boot they sound very rattly with a regular sealed box just placed in the boot, the benefits of 'bandpass' boxes are you can put the sound where you want it (in the cabin and not in the boot), the sub is still quick and not slow like a ported box and you don't look like a chav with the back end of you car rattling when you drive down the road