Thread: Annual milage

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Annual milage

is insurance more expensive or cheaper the more miles you do ? might sound a daft question but the more you are on the road the more experience you will have yet more time to risk been involved in a accident .. or likewise if you are on very rarely and do little millage you could be dangerous and under experienced ... if ya get me

Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevo
    is insurance more expensive or cheaper the more miles you do ? might sound a daft question but the more you are on the road the more experience you will have yet more time to risk been involved in a accident .. or likewise if you are on very rarely and do little millage you could be dangerous and under experienced ... if ya get me
    Usually limiting the mileage will bring the price down. Someone who for example does 40,000 miles a year presents more of a risk than someone that does 5000 miles a year.. but I do see your logic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. In most cases, a policy with 30k annual coverage would be more expensive than one with 10k.

IIRC "average" yearly mileage is around 10k these days. Dropping the mileage is a good way to save a few quid, but of course bear in mind if you go over your limit you either need to buy more miles or stop using the car as you may not be covered in the event of an accident!

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10K is a piss poor average imho. Most people will drive 20miles each way to work, thats 12K miles a year ALONE!!!! then there is the weekends etc.

I think it goes 5K 10K 15K then unlimited for most companies. From what I can gather it makes next to shag all difference on 5K-15K

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

going back to the early nineties, i had a major row with an insurer over valuing a car. they reckoned they did on average, 12k for 3 years, then 6k for 3 years then 3k a year......i asked them where the hell did they get their figures from... they couldn't answer me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    10K is a piss poor average imho
    Aye, didn't say I agreed with it

Mind you, the Celica only did about 6k in the past 12 months! Must use it more

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive done 7k since September lmao!