Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Nova, 1989 1.0 'Jet Black'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said it was a concours winner.....just a bodge job to get rid of the tape. I've never done body repairs and I don't have the tools or facilities (or the time and budget if I'm honest) so I'm sorry it's not up to all your standards. And I don't have a second car to fall back on. It's a workaday runaround as well as being my competition car (because why else would anyone hill climb a poverty-spec 1.0???)

But if it's not good enough then I'll get an electric sander on it.
    Last edited by Elstro1988; 03-10-14 at 04:12 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on you for keeping the car in daily use AND using it for hill climb . Maybe someone on here could lend a hand to weld in new rear arches?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the fact your having racing fun in the 1.0 ohv, i have always said it is livelier tha the 1.2i and being so light, it is fun.

Havoe you changed anything mechanocal on it?

save some pennies for the arches etc, it will make your Nova last longer. I still love my 1.0, fab engine!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on you for having a go mate you'll only learn from it. Like has been said above save your penny's and get some new arches welded in when you can afford to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some updates on the old junkyard dog......now has a Koni SRT kit fitted with OMP strut brace and polybushes. Handles a lot better but still rolls on very hard cornering! ARBs weren't fitted as standard so AFAIK for Roadgoing (I keep my road tyres because it's a daily - Kumho Solus KH17s. Not bad for the money I suppose) I can't ahve them.

Main update has been a stainless steel exhaust, frontpipe, centre box and section witha Cherry Bomb back box. Sounds very different (and louder than I expected too) but sweet. Also found overtaking on motorways seems easier with those meagre extra horses gained!

Won first in class (admittedly was only one IN class A1) at Snetterton on the 16th

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the cherry bomb.good to see another nova used properly on a track