Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Castle Combe Summer action day 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see you had a good day out. Im back out there on track definently next year!!!

Benn-You can be soo much quicker if you pushed for it. But i spose its how much of a risk you want to take.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Good to see you had a good day out. Im back out there on track definently next year!!!

Benn-You can be soo much quicker if you pushed for it. But i spose its how much of a risk you want to take.
    Thats always the problem. if I was benn there would always be the nagging in the back of my head of how gutted I would be if i stuffed it. That car is a proper stunner and I know how much work you've put into it. To be fair just the fact you take it on track demands huge kudos, i'm not sure i'd be that brave

Hense why all my track cars have looked ropey as fook

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont get me wrong, if i was Benn and had his car, i would NEVER see the track in it

Whereas me personally in mine, i wouldn't really be that arsed if i hit a tyre wall at 60, as long as me and my passenger gets out ok.

Respect for him even taking it on track and giving it some abuse tbh!!!

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont get me wrong, if i was Benn and had his car, i would NEVER see the track in it

Whereas me personally in mine, i wouldn't really be that arsed if i hit a tyre wall at 60, as long as me and my passenger gets out ok.

I'd be gutted if I stuffed mine after I built it, given how long it's taken, and it will be tidy but not perfect, however it's not gonna be built to sit still... stuffing it is just a necessary risk to get at the fun bit imo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benn
    Alex get one they are cheap as now, Mark ah.

Luke's saloon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZV3KGaR1no

niceone cheers dude

Quote Originally Posted by scott.parker
    Look like a good day guys, again wish i could of been there, but i was at Riggys wedding, was a dam good day there too, and a cracking night, i wait till ha gets of his two week honeymoon to share any pics..

Burgo, didn't know you had a 1ltr loon, looks nice and stable in the corners considering the tires..

Alex, least your using it mate, thats the main thing, not like mine!

GOT to use it in anger soon...........

Scott
    yes only had it two weeks scott and i was genuinely surprised how well it handled considering

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MK999
    I'd be gutted if I stuffed mine after I built it, given how long it's taken, and it will be tidy but not perfect, however it's not gonna be built to sit still... stuffing it is just a necessary risk to get at the fun bit imo
    If you build a track car theres always that certain % inside you that expect to see it buried in wall somewhere tbh

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you build a track car theres always that certain % inside you that expect to see it buried in wall somewhere tbh
    Long as the cage and all the parts come out straight Although I'd be considering spraying the next shell mustard yellow obviously

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when me and paul take our novas to a track day, we egg each other on to bin it into the wall, hence why i was still out ther with 20% brakes, way i look at it, if you bin it, its a shell and a few panels, and something to do over the winter

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alex_maris
    brakes are shot!! who were these burkes in crap cars with pictures of the beegees all over there car, they held up everyone all day!! where is he video from benn???
    i had that car at one time,bought it off chris then he bought it back,glad to see its near home again

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it doesn't look like it (from the vid) but i'm giving it alot. I hold it till i know where the "power band" starts to dip, push it hard in to the corners. But i do only push it as hard as i can with out being scared i might mess up. Think that's why i brake early, as i'm worried i wont slow enough and come off. Sadly later in my session i did push it hard and slide a lil when passing some one. Scared my self. Titles where a lil wet still slide across and just regained it as one wheel was on the grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Thats always the problem. if I was benn there would always be the nagging in the back of my head of how gutted I would be if i stuffed it. That car is a proper stunner and I know how much work you've put into it. To be fair just the fact you take it on track demands huge kudos, i'm not sure i'd be that brave
    Trust me its always there! I get very very scared till i exit the pits. Thank you too

You build a car with a lot of good bits, they need testing.. I've build it to handle well and to go and stop well, so it would only be rude to not track it..
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce