Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: pip's mk2 gsi replica build

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From here, everything came to a halt really for a little while, the engine was out and the front end stripped down but with commitments to uni and work and everything else going on in had no time and money to commit to getting the car done just kept saying to myself 'I want it finished for next summer' which kept happening for a few years as I lived away for work and didn't have any time on a weekend so it went a little bit on the back burner.

Last edited by nova_pipi; 03-07-17 at 09:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After this point me and a pal went over to the opel treffen show over in oscherslebben and met up with a few others from the UK. We stayed over at the show for a few days and then went to the nurburg ring on the way home.
    All the way through the trip though the corsa wasn't quite running right and only started being funny the day before just didn't realise until we had gone as the car was running as normal just smokey under load sometimes and the engine light came on now and again. After doing a few 100 miles we also realised it was using alot of fuel only getting around 250 miles to a tank which is pants tbh but it made it and when I got home I found out the coolant temperature sensor had died causing the issues. Here's a few pictures from the trip.
    The opel omega 500 evolution was absolutely gorgeous too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great on the D90s.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Benn, they're going onto the nova now as I sold the corsa a few years ago now on a set of speedlines from the nova, I believe the corsa went through a few sets of people and has since been stripped and scrapped 😔

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In around August 2013, I wanted to start fresh and however much I loved the corsa, I put it up for sale with an intention of buying something but I wasn't sure what so just waited to see what would come up for sale, it was advertised with the pictures below but actually sold on speedlines to a lad down in Portsmouth so I gave it a full vaccum and wash with a clay bar and wax then drove the car down with a mate on the promise it being sold and it did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some more pictures on the day it was sold and on the way down stopped in the services.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still with zero to little progress being made on the nova I bought a bmw 318ti compact on coilovers with style 95 18" wheels. Even though it was so low it still drove quite nice just struggled to go over any remote humps in the road anywhere but looked great so I didn't mind although it may not be to everyone's taste. I added msport bumpers and side skirts to this and made a nexus 7 install as a head unit but after this was done the car was sold on a year later. You can see the install in one of the interior pictures and has made me think about something similar for the nova when it's built up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From here I bought an e91 diesel as I was doing alot of travelling but then ended up being closer to the car and had some new found inspiration to get the car finished and thought whilst I'm here I'll get the underneath stripped and painted the car colour then I thought whilst I'm doing that I may as well get other bits sorted I'm not happy with which eventually turned into, 'I may as well get the full car painted now as everything else is being done' which is kind of how the project has gone now so i ended stripping the car right down and working on getting everything back to the beginning again.
    I know my welding isn't the best but it's strong and once it has been ground back it is hardly noticeable and it's all a learning curve as I would rather do it myself and pick up new skills.
    Here's some pictures as I started taking more this time than the previous build as I want to keep it all documented and help people out with their builds as I've needed it with mine.
    Anyway here's the progress. Loads more still to come.

Last edited by nova_pipi; 03-07-17 at 09:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From here I made two trollies for moving the car about alot easier and will help the painter when it comes to being painted fully too. I've attached some measurements of the ones I made but being a nova will probably differ from car to car.
    I then started to make a an intercooler cut out with a sheet of 3mm steel, I managed to get hold of a sheet but I could only get an 8ft x 4ft sheet and it was huge.