Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: pip's mk2 gsi replica build

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

update:
    not muc of an update really but i still need to take some pics of a few other things that have been done recently, but before then i took the opportunity to try the porsche wheels on the nova whilst the corsa is off the road, they sat pretty well to be honest but the back wheels didnt tuck into the arches like i would have hoped and the stretched tyres didnt really suit the nova in my opinion and the back rims slightly scraped over big bumps on the passenger side so i have decided to put the sppedlines back on but any way heres some pics.

thanks for looking
    phil

Senior User Club Member scorge01's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

porche rims actually look pretty good on the nova!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys, i think its the colour and the tyres that make the wheels not look as good as originally hoped, i think if they were plain silver with 195/40 tyres on they would look a whole lot better for the nova

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea i agree, silver would look considerably better, but generally looks spot on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not really done an update for ages so theres alot of catching up to do, since i had the car back on the road iv always wanted a new full stainless system made up for the car so after ringing around a few places i decided on going to a company in irlam that do stainless systems on the side of the actual garage business they have. After a qoute i booked the car in the have a 3" outward rolled tip with a back box and straight through system, and at the same time i got a 4 branch manifold, after i got it fitted the car sounded so much better, it went from basically just noise to having a 16v kinda noise, best way i can describe it, the only thing i wasnt happy with was the size of the tip as they ordered a 3" for me but it came in damaged so they fitted a 3 1/2" which i didnt think would be to bad but it ended up looking way to big so iv recently had it changed down a size to a 2 1/2" outward rolled tip, heres some pics of it with the 3 1/2" tip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i looked into getting a flocked dash a while ago but could never really find a company that was reasonably close that would do it for me in a short time as i couldnt really go without having a dash in the car as i use it everyday and would annoy the hell out of me, after looking through some project threads i got speaking to alan allpress (known as prey on here) as he had flocked his mk1 dash and had turned out great and he was doing flocking for people on the side, so after chatting to him he agreed to pick up a mk2 dash from colin (novarally) and flock the dash for me then basically swap dashes as i got over to his, heres some pics of the dash in the car and before it was put in

thanks for looking
    phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

recently i was offered some 15" compomotive mo's for a good price and i as iv always wanted some i had to snap them up, they were a bit beaten at first when i got them with a few scratches and scuffs but all were fairly straight and no major dints in the rim so after cleaning them up then sanding them down i gave them a few good coats of filler primer to take out little marks then resprayed the wheels in sparkling graphite then gave them a final coat of laquer, i also got four new toyo TR1 proxes from my brother who fitted them for me too and had two of the centres machined out to 63.5mm to house new centre caps once i get them through from compomotive, iv ordered blue metal caps but just waiting on them now, i really like how theyve turned out especially for a home done spray job and the brakes only just fit under, its extremely close

thanks for looking
    phil

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good updates and loving this car i remember seeing this when it was white years ago, think my mate bought some seats off you or something, does it still have the cow sticker or whatever it was?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dash looks brilliant! Nice work on the rims, people dont realise how time consuming re-furbing alloys is.