Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: My sons project

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right just thought i would up date this as its been a while due to my son having exams and leaving school we took a break from it and now its time to get back onto it as i would like to have it sorted for next year so some updates will come along shortly !

Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see he hasn't lost interest

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well a quick update

as the nova is in the garage we needed to turn it around so we could do more work on the front end after spinning it around it was time for a quick pic of it

so back in the garage and the front was attacked all joints cleaned ready for welding and a few little plates needed putting in but due to the battery tray has been repaired once before it needs a new panel in there as its too far gone to try and save !

so once we get a battery tray panel we will be cracking on with it again !

Stourbridge, West Mids. Drives: Nova Antibes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love this project mate, Fair play to you and your son for doing this. Like many other people i wish my dad would of let me do this at 15.

Good luck with it and keep up the good work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well after restarting the nova the first problem we came across was after tacking a a plate we ran out of wire ! so it was off to machine mart where i picked up another 5kg real of wire so on friday night chris got stuck in and all was going well until we ran out of gas :evil: now sitting next to me was a big bottle of gas but we didnt have a reg to fit it, so we were up early saturday and we had a drive around looking for one but due t boc was shut we headed home but on the way i poped into my mates house who happen to have one :mrgreen: so it was back home to try and get the o/s/f leg looking a little better.
    so we did a few more place's with the stich welding and mulled over about what engine we were going to fit as we have been offerd a x25xe (well complete car) so we would have everything we needed but i think a xe would be better to fit and easyer ::

once the plate was in i had a quick look under the strut top only to find that there was a big hole behind the crumple zone so out came the drill and we removed the panel to be met with a big hole

so once we had sored the hole and refitted the panel we then had a look at the out rigger
    and started on that

and thats where we left it for the night

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if anyone is interested a little up date on the nova as chris was out i got to work on finishing the o/s/f chassis leg off

so thats how it looks so far and the black under seal is from vauxhall there is a recall out at the mo and i thought i would give it a shot and see how it turns out and it looks pritty good

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well another update
    Now as the front has nearly been finished there was some welding that needed to be done around the seams as we had to fetch a few bits for it

and here are the bits we picked up! a big thanks to novarobbo for this little jem it was a 250mile round trip which saw us get home at 1.30 in the morning but well worth the trip we think !

and this is where i had to leave it so it was out the way

there a few jobs i have to do maybe a rebuild while we sort the backend out but we will see
    Last edited by 16v-kev; 27-08-11 at 10:10 PM.

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang on so this is your son's car who is 15/16? and your fitting an xe? fair play!

Does look a nice we project, will be a proper sleeper too.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's the plan ! and yes he's 16 ! we nearly put a v6 in it but decided not to ( and its also a learning project as he is going into motor sport development at college

i know not many people go for the 4 door novas and this was bought on a "buy it now" off ebay we didn't know what "nova" it was but was happy to find out it was a 4 door ! it will be seeing the track for a while before he gets his hands on it hopefully he will get his track licence and be out in it
    Last edited by 16v-kev; 27-08-11 at 11:13 PM.

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking clean so far, just hope it doesnt end up in tears with the young age and xe.