Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My sons project

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My sons project

well not been around for a while and i thought i would pop this up as its my sons project

due to my son looking for a project he got the go ahead from his mum we set about looking for something he can pull appart and not have to worry if it
    doesnt see the road again for a while, so we kept our eye out looking for a nova or corsa that we could get on the cheap .
    A few came up but due to where they were it was looking near on inpossible to get a car that we could get back untill one came along which was taxed and mot'd but with no pictures and a very brief out lay of a description and with a buy it now of £225, So with fingers crossed we brought it as it was only in leek which is not far it was easy to get it back as it was road legal.

so on tuesday night we hit the road to pick up this car that we had not even seen a picture of, It does need work but it is 19 years old !
    here is what we have done to it so far !

yep shes a nova saloon 4 door (1.0) now you either like them or you dont and most people do the 3 door ones but we are going to be diffrent,
    now she does have some rot but in due time its going to be stripped down to a shell and all sorted out i will keep it updated so you can see how he is getting on with it

also is there anyone else on here who have done 4 door novas and could you point me towards them please

cheers !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some of nice four door five doors on here. used to have a 4 door saloon myself. was rottern in exactly the same place around the fuel cap. you can still pick up a 5 door rear panel fmo hadrians that will include the petrol cap piece with it. and it fits okay. but good luck with it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers chap thats a great help hes not sure what he wants to do to it engine wise i know it needs a few pannels but thats not to much of a worry

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks alright that, what's the battery tray like? Bottom of the doors look surprisingly clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the battery tray has been welded up but not a major thing and the doors are not bad but the drivers door has been bent back when some one broke into it im sure it can be put right tho all in all its prittygood and to have brought it with out seeing it im well chuffed !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the best more door loon (well IMO).
    http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71244
    and this looks a good project.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be a good project, keep at it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

something to give you inspiration

Rob (novafusion) moor door loon xe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats put a smile on his face. I do want to point out my son is 15. this is his first ever project. He has followed me and his mum to the car shows for 7 years, his mum has a gsi estate and a cavalier turbo. He is hoping to get onto the motorsport level 3 course next sept so this will be a folder project for him to show at interviews too. Any help or advise he will document for his folder. Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 16v-kev
    thats put a smile on his face. I do want to point out my son is 15. this is his first ever project. He has followed me and his mum to the car shows for 7 years, his mum has a gsi estate and a cavalier turbo. He is hoping to get onto the motorsport level 3 course next sept so this will be a folder project for him to show at interviews too. Any help or advise he will document for his folder. Thanks guys
    nova astra vectra?

hope you can both find some help and inspiration on here

I bought my first nova at 14/15 never looked back since