0 Thread(s)

loving this car!! awesome.

Senior User Club Member scorge01's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi mate yeah got it sitting abit better then removed it again and painted red oxide in the full front crossmember and left it to dry then will be welding the plate in one nyt next week and then that just leaves a little bit of the fins on the bumper to come off but will be getting the bodyshop to do this as want it done neat and in noticeable

Cheers mate Cana wait to get a looky oh your one as well should come together quickly once welding is done aswell they might see the road about the same time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skud52 View Post
    loving this car!! awesome.
    Cheers mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks awesome! Cant wait to see when its finished. Its good to get some tips on stuff..

Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers mate yeah it always helps to have a bit of inspiration when your building one you got a nova yourself mate?

yorkshire: Drives. A3 Sline,Octavia VRS & J20LTB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorge01 View Post
    Hi mate I see what your saying about it being neater if I cut back further to the width of the cooler but if I do that it would be as far back as the rad goes and when the engine was fitted didn't seem like there was much room to move the rad further back for the turbo?
    Also checked the upper side of the lower pannel in area's suggested and seems to be clean enough gonna give it all a rub down and paint with redoxide tho to be sure

I think you misunderstood my comment mate...... I meant make the cutout longer lengthways so it matches the cooler. If you run a normal nova radiator it will need to go forward slightly and be centralised as that will give you the clearance you need. Below is the finished picture of A6VXL crossmember after all mods needed to suit which shows the repositioned holes for the radiator mounts should you need them for reference. Hope this helps......

As you can see with all parts in situ the intercooler fills the cutout and looks very neat it doing so. Thats what Id aim for fella as theirs no point compromising a good build now!........

Nick.
    Last edited by Nick J; 20-01-13 at 07:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yeah know what you mean now will have to make another plate up but as you say would be worth it when done
    Also I see you have cut quite far back towards the engine does the rad fit behind there ok without touching the turbo? Also do you have any pics of the turbo clearance? Also how far did you move the rad? As this is the only part that still gets me as never done it before or had a close look of a decent job

yorkshire: Drives. A3 Sline,Octavia VRS & J20LTB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorge01 View Post
    Ah yeah know what you mean now will have to make another plate up but as you say would be worth it when done
    Also I see you have cut quite far back towards the engine does the rad fit behind there ok without touching the turbo? Also do you have any pics of the turbo clearance? Also how far did you move the rad? As this is the only part that still gets me as never done it before or had a close look of a decent job
    I dont think I have any pics of Rad/turbo clearance but their was plenty. If you look at were the new holes have been drilled in relation to were the tie bar bolts/front of the panel are it should give you a vague idea of approximate measurements if you measure your own up etc. Id also read Simps guide in articles as it shows all you need when fitting a c20let/f28 into a nova including radiator movement and so on mate.

Nick.
    Last edited by Nick J; 20-01-13 at 08:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah cheers il have a looky bud rests easy had it running already but removed to tidy up as wasn't as neat as wanted it,
    Thanks for the help mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the closest thing to the rad on the turbo is the compressor housing and (which i had a problem with) is the coolant return off the turbo. ive got the roose hoses but the angle the fitting came out would foul my rad. i gave it a tweak and its ok now.