Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TH!NK BIKE advert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistysnovagte
    i agree with most awnser's one second there on the o/s then you look again there on the n/s like a foot of your back bumper etc i think its a load of b0ll0cks campaign!!!
    Agreed there are some real tools that ride around here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackroadkill
    Maybe I should rephrase that a little... I just think that anybody who drives / rides in a dangerous manner is living on borrowed time and should not blame others for accidents or near-misses they find themselves involved in. Fair enough?
    Fair comment mate i totally agree with you there, it would be unfair for someone to act stupidly and dangerously and then to try and pin the blame on someone else, so yeah people should definitly be ready to face the consequences if they act like that!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Oh please, there are plety of idiots out there who don't know how to drive. Why are there no adverts telling people to look beofre they pull out, or to indicate before stopping in the middle of the road, or not to undertake on dual lane roads etc? Its because people who drive are supposed to be able to know not to do these things because they were taught not to do them in their lessons.

SO why are there adverts telling us to look out for bikers? Was anyone on the planet watching the advert and though to themselves 'oh crap, ive been driving for 30 years, and never bothered looking for bikes when I pull out, only cars. That must be why ive killed a load of bikers... duuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh'

FFS, when you pull out, you already look for things coming down the road, I dont need a fecking advert reminding me, and if the government feel they need to remind people to do this, they may as well run ads for the points I made above because its a waste of tax money.

Yes, there are idiot drivers out there, but if i were to go out for an hours drive, I guarantee you ill see 10 tools on bikes before I see a tool in a car.

If these wnakers on crotch rockets want to go out and put a 2 foot dent in my wing and launch themselves into a crunchy death with a lampost, let them. it will get them off the road and out of the gene pool. My attitude is the same for people in cars. If the governemnt want to stop bike accidents happening, they need to concentrate on educating the bikers, not educating the things they are going to potentially hit.
    perfect awnser to the question,someone please copy and paste this and send to the gov

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If these wnakers on crotch rockets want to go out and put a 2 foot dent in my wing and launch themselves into a crunchy death with a lampost, let them. it will get them off the road and out of the gene pool. My attitude is the same for people in cars. If the governemnt want to stop bike accidents happening, they need to concentrate on educating the bikers, not educating the things they are going to potentially hit.
    Ok seems like you have a problem in general with 'wnakers on crotch rockets' so maybe its pointless carrying on this debate but the last advert that the goverment did was a biker riding along, he was shown to be not speeding and there were potential hazards all along the way but because he wasnt speeding the hazards were all avoided and he got home safe and sound, so the goverment are educating bikers that they need to slow down which is a fair point!

Yeah i agree with you that if people want to do that its their choice and it may be one less idiot on the road but the general attitude that people seem to have towards bikers really winds me up as theres no need for it, its just the same attitude that people have towards 'boy racers' so to speak, people see that you have a nova for example thats modified so that must make you a boy racer, when in fact only a small number of idiots in cars have managed to earn every car enthusiast this name, its just the same with bikers, only a small number of them are reckless and inconsiderate and all of a sudden every biker is a 'wnaker'.

Not trying to fall out with anyone, just getting my view across

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andy_017
    Ok seems like you have a problem in general with 'wnakers on crotch rockets' so maybe its pointless carrying on this debate
    erm, i said 'wnakers on croth rockets' not 'bikers', therefore i wasn't generalising. Same as if I said 'i hate carrotts' i wouldnt be slagging off vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by andy_017
    Yeah i agree with you that if people want to do that its their choice and it may be one less idiot on the road but the general attitude that people seem to have towards bikers really winds me up as theres no need for it, its just the same attitude that people have towards 'boy racers' so to speak, people see that you have a nova for example thats modified so that must make you a boy racer, when in fact only a small number of idiots in cars have managed to earn every car enthusiast this name, its just the same with bikers, only a small number of them are reckless and inconsiderate and all of a sudden every biker is a 'wnaker'.

Not trying to fall out with anyone, just getting my view across
    Im sorry, but its not just a small number of idiots. I challenge you to drive into london, and not be surrounded by complete tools on bikes, and not just bikes, but mopeds as well. I had my mirror taken off by a guy on a ped in London, and he was wearing a suit, so i take it he wasnt just your usual scally. Not even a look back, just carried on weaving in and out of cars. Following the other bikes weaving in and out of cars. In fact, when you;re in London, all the bikers weave in and out of the cars. The 'small amount of bikers' you mention are the ones riding sensibly. I know they're good ways to beat the traffic, but the way its done in the city is uber dangerous, and going back the the original point, we're supposed to look out for them riding like fools!

I understand your frustration, im sure you are a responsible biker and ride within the rules of the road, but dont try and tell me there are only a few two wheeled terrors out there, because you'll be lucky if the split is 50/50 IMO.

Senior User
    Manchester Drives: 911 Carrera 2, MR2 Roadster turbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another one here who hates bikers. Really winds me up when they filter to the front at the lights as they think they are the fastest thing on earth and then you nearly drive into the back of them when you set off from the lights.

Then they turn round and give you loads of grief for driving too close if your inferior/slow car keeps up with them when they finally get the bloody thing going. Shouldn't have pushed to the front in the first place!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next thing will be adverts for LAMPOSTS - WATCH OUT FOR BIKERS

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all bikers don't sit on there bake wheel all day and until you have rid on a bike on the road you will relies how much respect people do not have for you. as i had loads of car's pull out on me and a bus left his left hand indicator on and pulled out on me. as i was about to over take as it look like he was still stood still and wiped me out. so don't put all biker's in the category of been loon on 2 wheel's that is all