0 Thread(s)

If it doesnt torque steer, its not even slightly powerful enough

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nova16vxe
    Just hold and and get over it......if set up properly you shouldnt have much of a problem..
    exactly. Everyone with twincam bigblock's saying theirs are fine (Adam, Paul, LeeH etc) probably have proper proven handling & mechanical upgrades. I wouldnt expect an XE'd Nova running Jamex -60 susspension, no seam welding, tired bushes & bad geometry to put the power down particularly well behave itself in a staright line under power.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craig green
    exactly. Everyone with twincam bigblock's saying theirs are fine (Adam, Paul, LeeH etc) probably have proper proven handling & mechanical upgrades. I wouldnt expect an XE'd Nova running Jamex -60 susspension, no seam welding, tired bushes & bad geometry to put the power down particularly well behave itself in a staright line under power.

i,d disagree,novas have never been good at handling thats their flaw,in the dry they aint that good in when its wet you,d be aswell givin up as there terrible,to me there a very nice car and fun in a straight line,show them a slight corner and a pug 205/fiesta mk2/renault 5 etc of the will waste it every day no questions asked

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrT
    i,d disagree,novas have never been good at handling thats their flaw,in the dry they aint that good in when its wet you,d be aswell givin up as there terrible,to me there a very nice car and fun in a straight line,show them a slight corner and a pug 205/fiesta mk2/renault 5 etc of the will waste it every day no questions asked
    What a load of rubbish, you've obviously never been out in a Nova that's been setup correctly or driven properly then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats bull, it uttely depends on the road & the driver. Novas are pap on factory suspension, granted.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine does not torque steer, just point the nose straight and plant it!

Senior User
    Cudworth, Barnsley, South Yorks. Drives: Nova 2.0 16v hatch.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine dosnt torque steer when i plant it it just spins up an fooks off in a straight line and im not running any special suspension or owt just spax coilovers standard bushes etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

torque steer is what happens from 0-20mph, the rest of the time its just traction. putting the power down in a straight line is easy, putting it down when still cornering is a skill that very few people truly have, it is one of those annoying things, like lift off oversteer, that were mostly invented by motoring journalists to attempt to rubbish all the front wheel drive cars that were replacing the old rwd stuff, 'oh when you let off the power mid corner, the back end comes round' of course it bloody does, its physics!!!!

if you are driving alone, torque steer should be much more noticeable than when you have a front seat passenger, cos you will have about 100kg extra on the rh side (driver, controls etc), is it??? the left hand side of the road is also much worse than the rh side, so there are just too many factors on a road car... just get the tracking & camber checked & buy decent tyres (not too big) and it should be fine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like every nova track car is sh**e and pointless then. I dont seem to remember ANY 205s, R5s etc EVER passing Dar/Lee/Olly Hewitt etc on track
    Put me right if im wrong...

Senior User
    Cudworth, Barnsley, South Yorks. Drives: Nova 2.0 16v hatch.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    It looks like every nova track car is sh**e and pointless then. I dont seem to remember ANY 205s, R5s etc EVER passing Dar/Lee/Olly Hewitt etc on track
    Put me right if im wrong...
    Nice one ad well made point.