Thread: Named Driver Getting NCB

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Named Driver Getting NCB

Since my Nova is coming off the road in January (When my insurance is up) my Dad and I were wondering if I go onto my Mum's policy as a named driver can I still build up my NCB

I have 1 already and this Jan coming I'll be onto year 2...

Just need to know if theres any way my Mum can keep her NCB and I keep building my own even though I'm a named driver

Cheers for any help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think it might vary between insurers mate. I was on mine for a year and didnt get any NCB

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll need to look into it like - Just thought I'd make use of this section of the forum

I need to do it that way so I've enough money through the year to get the Mk1 done then get it on the road with my own policy etc and hopefully have another years NCB...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vaughanmc
    I'll need to look into it like - Just thought I'd make use of this section of the forum

I need to do it that way so I've enough money through the year to get the Mk1 done then get it on the road with my own policy etc and hopefully have another years NCB...
    I used adrian flux for mine so i know they dont do it (or atleast didnt used to) worth looking at though, im hoping to do the same but need my NCB too

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll look into it Hopefully get more replies which might help both of us out

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far as im aware the only companies that do offer 'named driver NCB' only allow that NCB be used with themselves so its useless really. could of chaned but thats how it worked out when i was looking into it 2years ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im looking forward to saving 20% with sky, that'l do me for now think il have to build up my ncb with them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by draper
    as far as im aware the only companies that do offer 'named driver NCB' only allow that NCB be used with themselves so its useless really. could of chaned but thats how it worked out when i was looking into it 2years ago
    ^ this. Only places like Admiral etc offer NCB for named drivers, but as said other companies rarely honour it. Most state that it has to be earned as the main driver on a policy.

Some offer a small discount for the experience though, but its still not a patch on proper NCB. If you're not going to be using your mum's car, the amount you'd pay out to be on the policy would far outweigh any possibly discount you'd get when you go back to getting your own insurance.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to be using my Mum's car mate...If that's any help but she wants to keep her NCB and I want to build on mine...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anything bad happens you'l both lose your NCB, i think, not 100% sure though.