Thread: Ratty GSI replica Nova

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ratty GSI replica Nova

All posted copy straight over from Rat-look.com but I know how much some of you loved to hate my old one so thought Id share this one with you as well

Well after much pondering , been messed around and hard work hunting down the perfect car for me to get back on the road again after 7 months :eek that's one more month longer than I did without a car due to a driving ban a few years ago oh
    I finally found a Nova again :D
    Stats:
    Nova is burgundy 1.2 carb merit. It recently had another 1.2 carb engine converted into it which has only done around 35k but i will give you the old engine so the buyer can change the engine codes over if they wish to do so.. Came out of a nova off here.
    It's also had a new alternator and starter motor fitted and runs like a dream .
    The car does have a full set of gsi 3 spokes but they are bald so i had to put stealies on so it was legal. they will be going with the car.
    Goodbits/Mods etc...
    Gsi front bumper in original grey with crack in middle.
    Gsi side skirts in original grey.
    Gsi rear window surrounds.
    Full Gsi interior other than dash. e.g front & rear seats with headrests drivers seat arm has worn away a bit, front and rear gsi door cards, gsi door cappings all in black.
    Gsi stearing wheel with red ring.
    Gsi 3 spokes with center caps all with very legal tyres... tyres are not that old.
    Gsi top tint windscreen.
    Electric windows.
    Ashley Competition exhaust system straight through onto a 1.6 mani and 1.4 downpipe. 4-2-1 i think.
    Gsi clocks ...petrol gauge and everything works fine other than oil dial because you need the sensor.
    Just had new alternator.
    Just had new starter.
    Bay, boot and underside is solid.
    Sat on gmax lowering springs. sits nice.
    De badged boot.
    Got about 6 month M.O.T ish... flew through last M.O.T
    Tax runs out on 1st of jan 10
    Colour coded mirrors
    Got lots of paperwork. History etc...
    2 Prev owners i think.
    GSi petrol cap
    The headunit, amp, wiring kit, speakers, tweeters Will be coming out of it and going into my next car as them alone come to a couple of hundred.
    Bad bits etc...
    Arches are rusty.
    Doors have some rust.
    And the odd little other bits nothing major as the shell itself is solid this is just cosmetic crap .
    The odd tiny dint here and there but as said the car where it matter is solid and would be ideal for an engine conversion.

These are latest pictures of her and and the condition she is sat in my garage now waiting to go to a new owner.
    *not all the pictures because there is loads :rofl*

It wont becoming with the GSI interior because I've exchanged it for the guy to put tax on the car instead : might think am mad but I've already got a full GSI interior from my old Nova so id rather have the tax now than bother trying to sell the interior to make my money back to pay for it
    Just waiting to go pick it up now so can make a start on giving it my own rat touch as I still have my old one ( check out link in sig ) well what's left of it :chill

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well bought it on Thursday and it was ratted by Sunday :ghey some of the pictures are off my phone so please excuse the poor photo whoring :'(
    Thursday 4th March 2010
    Had the day off work so I could take the 45min trip to Oldham to collect my Nova - First thing I did was put my GSI Nova seat in so I could drive it home : Then went straight up the field to park it along side my old Nova

While there I thought it would be rude not to change the nice shinny bonnet for my old rusty bonnet so off with the old

and on with the new

Including home made bonnet raisers and bonnet pins :gheyer

also put me air freshners in the front of the window that was still in the old nova windscreen :rofl

Saturday 6th March 2010
    A quick visit to Wilko and £20 lighter it was time to visit the field once again

Out came the sander evil while Ste_Nova got busy swapping the boot lids over

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bonnet and bumpers off time to give it a was

Then it was time for the colour change

Ran out of light by the time we put the matt black GSI front and rear ( the old one wasn't a real GSI bumper but it is now :P ) and painted the wing mirrors satan black so couldn't take any pictures of the days work :'(

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunday 7th March 2010
    Another trip back up the field with my mate Will this time and we got straight on to masking off the car once again ready for some fresh matt black paint :chill

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then we got stuck in with changing the windows including all the GSI window trim ( which only came on the GSI novas :P ) sprayed the GSI sideskirts matt black stickers on the back window passanger seat with new seat covers and I found a set of red Nova SR door cards hidden away in my stash of Nova parts in the barn : so decided instead of the GSI door cards am doing to be different this time and use these ones :fawkyeah all will come clear in the future :hmm So because we was so busy doing all this as well as changing the front steelies due to the tracking been WELL OUT the tyres where now illegal :rofl job for tomorrow - I only had time to take a few quick pictures on my way home of the finished product so far

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost forgot just as me and Will came to an end Ste_Nova nipped up the field to see how we had got on and wired up the back speakers for me because the previous owner had took all his speakers out and head unit leaving no speakers connect up at all meaning no music oh So after locking up the field with my speakers wired up but no head unit I head to my Mum and Dads where the Fiesta is and chucked me head unit in plus filling my belly with a Sunday roast :chill
    Still needs a few touchs on the outside but due to time scale and needing a car in my life after 7 months of walking :blah :rofl so lot's more updates to come over the next few weeks :tu

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah for all of you who havn't seen the first Ratty Nova that I created here you go

That one was a GSI straight out of the Vauxhall factory just to really piss you love to hate people out there

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've cleaned this thread out as it descended into an argument over the rat scene rather than just Kayll's car.

As he doesn't seem to like having negative comments and arguments on his thread, I suggest this thread is simply left for him to post his updates.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you removed all the replys

I actually didn't mind all the negative comments that was been throw at me infact I think you really cleaned the thread up because it was showing just how childish some of the members on the forum really are sometimes and was giving the forum a very bad name

Even though I was banned which I found funny as f*ck because I bet I was the only person to get banned and non of the other members who had broken the forum rules more than once in my thread well before I got booted didn't even get a warning

Oh well the only thing I have left to say to a certain member who said I was a fool and that I couldn't argue this fact - Actually I think you will find your the fool because you was acting like a 6 year old child thinking he was really clever and hard been a keyboard warrior which in total just made you look like a fool not me you know who you are

Right back to the rat build as I have done a few bits while I have been banned - again am just going to copy it all straight off Rat-look.com as I can't be arsed re-typing it all

Due to the F1 starting again this weekend and the weather been crap on Saturday I didn't bother getting off my **** and doing much this weekend
    but
    due to it been Mothers day after the F1 I went and payed a visit to my Mummy :D who did me a new stencil while I was there :gheyer So I decided to nip up the field and get me spray cans out and do a bit of tidying up on the paint work
    First came the new stencil

A went for a Decepticon logo for two reasons the Decepticons are the bad guys and well I seem to be a bad guy in the eyes of most Nova owners :fawkyeah and because I always route for the bad guys :chill
    Then I got busy masking up the side of the car ready for some satan black paint :hmm

not to sure if I like the door handles and filler cap in satan black I feel a need to get the matt black out very soon oh but am happy with the B pillers in satan :chill
    Also thought id try out an idea i've been pondering on for a few days

Going to have a few nights in this week and make a start on the door cards and other bits of interior trim as that's already starting to peck my head

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wed 17th March 2010
    finally had enough of looking at the red door cards today so when I got home from work I took them off and brought them into the house with me

Then got round to masking up the grey leather bit at the bottom and the red platic handles/holder

forgot to take pictures of the first coat of paint I put on because I couldn't make me mind up if I should put another coat of paint on or not because you could still see the pattern threw the new colour but in the end I decided it just wasn't dark enough for my liking so another 3 coats went on till I was left with theses

after leaving them to dry outside for about an hour it was time to fit them back on the car

Still not sure if am going to leave the handles/holders red :hmm as am thinking they would probley look better in matt black only time will tell
    All comments good or bad welcome