Thread: Agreed value on my Sr

Club Member Club Member Simon 1867's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd
    i live in a area with low crime, well secure garage etc. im thinking of a alarm system tbh.
    glad your going for an alarm system
    Come and cruise my town if your novas brown.

My MK1 83 Nova

Club Member Club Member blue_peg_16v's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

insurance works on the basis of idemnity (no better or worse off) so i cant see how you can expect 4k with the mods id say 3k is fair

mine is with hic on a classic pol with all mods and i have an agreed value on it
    Last edited by blue_peg_16v; 05-02-10 at 04:52 PM.
    told you saloons are the future!!!!!!!

Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blue_peg_16v
    insurance works on the basis of idemnity (no better or worse off) so i cant see how you can expect 4k with the mods id say 3k is fair
    yes, that is right.. in other words you cannot be seen to make a profit from an insurance company.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blue_peg_16v
    ok maybe i was aiming a little high. 3k is about right on refection, still would leave me out of pocket tho.

i just dont want to end up paying for a policy that will return me 600 when its worth more than that.

Senior User
    Manchester Drives: 911 Carrera 2, MR2 Roadster turbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adrian Flux have given me a very fair value on my Gsi turbo but it is less than half of what I have spent on it over the years.

Other insurers who gave me a competitive quote admitted the most I would likely see in the event of a claim was £4.5k as it's only a Nova which I don't think is very fair.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skyinsurance
    Ok.. the way to value a car is how much it would sell for, including modifications to a like minded car enthusiast. I wouldn't value it at what you spent on the car + mods.. I've spent £8k on my 1988 Mr2, I paid £3k for the car... I do not value it at £11k, I value it at £4500.

We can insure the car for you but I'm afraid we couldn't offer an agreed value. We would however fight your corner if there was a dispute over the value but we very, very rarely have to do this.

Fewer and fewer companies are offering these.

There is a lovely 50K SR on the very same page on pistonheads.

Thanks

Ollie
    Sky Insurance

hahahaha sorry but what ever dude.

You should think about how much you've spend, how much time has gone in to the car, what it would cost to replace/re build. Yes it cant be 100% what you've spent, but it needs to reflect that.

That's how most people and Every insurance company that i've delt with work out prices.

Edd, Hic offer AV, that's who i'm with. Its very easy to set up and sort out with them.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olly (sky) what happened if jo bloogs phoned up and wanted to insure his beloved SR for an agreed value of 4k with out you knowing the buying price,

what if he had just bought it for 4k and wanted to insure it. would it be a different situation?
    also what if he had a receipt of purchase and what if he didn't, would this affect it?

when the public fill in insurance quotes and it asks for the value, cant you bend the truth with what its worth.

also the 25k nova RWD dirty thing, what would the agreed value on that be?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its quite obvious that the Sky matey aint got a clue imo.

Just think if you stumbled across a Nova that a old boy had from new, local to you, had say a 1.3 sr, he's had it from new, fsh, low millage kept in a garage it's MINT, he has no idea on the value so sells it to you for £300.

Its going to be BLANTANTLY worth more than that if you sold it on, does that meen you can only get a agreed value for £300 ?!!!! wtf !!!!

They rip you off with their Tv now they want to rip you off with car insuance

Also if i had not put the ad up showing the price and took my own pics how would Olly value it then ??????

I shall phone Hic might actually get some sense out of them.

Club Member.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me know Edd if you get a 4k agreed value,beacuse if you do i will be on the phone to my insurence telling them the same about my sr

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Richardson
    let me know Edd if you get a 4k agreed value,beacuse if you do i will be on the phone to my insurence telling them the same about my sr
    will do Joe