Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Gold Snowplough Turbo

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice project, is it not worth removing the loom etc? From experience bodyshops dont take the same care and have the same eye for detail as owners do, worth spending half an hour taking the pipes and cables out fora better finish

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by novacabrio
    Dish washer FTW!!

I stick all sorts in my dish washer, inlet manifolds, washer bottles etc etc!
    do you get THE DIAMOND STANDARD

nice colour of nova
    success is only limited by a weak mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice project, is it not worth removing the loom etc? From experience bodyshops dont take the same care and have the same eye for detail as owners do, worth spending half an hour taking the pipes and cables out fora better finish
    Agreed - i would try and get up their during prep as well just to make sure they are doing exactly what you want, don't be affraid to tell them exactly how you want it!

Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually thinking about that today as I was taking the photograph. I will have a chat with the bodyshop next week and mention it. I'm sure they'd appreciate that as it'll make things a bit easier. The guy is very cool anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bazil_2468
    do you get THE DIAMOND STANDARD

nice colour of nova
    Not quite diamond maybe more cubic zircona after all they are only plastic.

Think the colour is the more unusual aspect of this project, really can't wait to see all the panels in the same shiney gold

Quote Originally Posted by Count Vaux Alot
    Agreed - i would try and get up their during prep as well just to make sure they are doing exactly what you want, don't be affraid to tell them exactly how you want it!
    I've been waiting for them to actually start proper work before I start showing my face more frequently. Like I said the guy is well cool and he even said, before I had a chance to say it, to pop down and see the progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE:

Went and visited the shop today and finally the car was in the shop getting some work done. They'd done all the exterior weld work.

Anyway less chat more pics (excuse the quality left the camera in my brother's car, so I had take it on my phone)

Boot lock

Passenger lock

Driver lock

Drivers side rear arch

Passenger arch

We had a quick chat and he said that he had to do some extra welding on the inner arch as it had rusted more than he expected when looking at the exterior arch. That is all for now, he couldn't finish it off completely as I hadn't given him my locking wheel nut , soon as I do he'll get the arches rolled up and finalised.

Last edited by Nova_Tek; 06-05-20 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Image rehosting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see progress already - are those arches but welded or over lapped?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how wide are youre arches going to be rolled?

mine are proper euro flared (7,5j et-1 banded steelies) and i found it was much easyer to roll before the inner and outer wing where connected.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see arch repair panels fitted well and retain the original arch line, far to many people fit them incorectly.

Keep the pics coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Count Vaux Alot
    Good to see progress already - are those arches but welded or over lapped?
    The passenger side is a normal weld but the drivers side looks to be a slight overlap. Tomorrow will see the arch work finished as he couldn't due to the wheels still on. So I will be spending more time with him and picking his brains.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem
    how wide are youre arches going to be rolled?

mine are proper euro flared (7,5j et-1 banded steelies) and i found it was much easyer to roll before the inner and outer wing where connected.
    When I said rolled arches I meant the lips rolled up for clearance, nowhere near your euro arches . My tyres (well the rear drivers side) very slightly rubs the lip of the arch as they are ET43. That's Nova tollerances for you one rubs the other doesn't

As for the doors, on the previous pics they only removed the rust to see the extend of rust. They will be cutting away more metal to weld in a bigger plate to get a better finish and to make sure the inside of the door is solid.

As for the rest of the rear, apart from two spots the size of a 5p piece behind the bumper, the body is clean and I think they've stumbled upon a job that's easier than expected

Quote Originally Posted by Edd
    Nice to see arch repair panels fitted well and retain the original arch line, far to many people fit them incorectly.

Keep the pics coming.
    Same here, I was very pleased with the actual finish so far even though it's far from being smoothed in etc but it does all seem straight. Will hopefully get my proper camera with me when visiting tomorrow.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

progress is good