Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trying to get insured on a clio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 2.0 nova will be the same price if you just stuck the reg number in, as it will have gone through the system as a 1.2 or whatever the original engine was.

Try comparethemarket - they were the only comparison site to give me a sensible quotation on my GT4 today. Other than that, pick up the phone and ring round, at least someone on the end of the phone could tell you why the quotes are so high.

SR8 is rated as an E grade postcode area, so thats almost the worst you can get - that explains the crap quotes. I would suggest ditching the clio and getting something as basic as possible, OR looking into security and pass plus. I still think even on a horse and cart you'd be looking at a 4-digit premium.

[edit] I'm assuming the car is standard - if not, remove ALL modifications and start again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can remember when £1.5k was ludicrus at 18!! Now its just insane

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    I can remember when £1.5k was ludicrus at 18!! Now its just insane
    I dont think ive ever paid that! I was paying £1400 on a 300zx twin turbo manual, at 19!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

direct line, quinn direct. everyone i know's with one or the other...direct line wont insure any mods, and quinn wont pay out if you stuff it.

urm other than that i cant suggest much...check all the options though for definate, including fully comp. third party's about the most expensive cover you can get, third party fire and theft tends to be cheapest, but some companies i.e direct line work out cheaper still to go fully comp.

good luck with it

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac_yeti
    direct line, quinn direct. everyone i know's with one or the other...direct line wont insure any mods, and quinn wont pay out if you stuff it.

urm other than that i cant suggest much...check all the options though for definate, including fully comp. third party's about the most expensive cover you can get, third party fire and theft tends to be cheapest, but some companies i.e direct line work out cheaper still to go fully comp.

good luck with it
    So true its unreal, quinn were assholes with me, and directline dont do mods officer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must be just for young 'uns then. Direct Line quoted me a policy on the GT4 with mods listed the other day. Shame it was stupidly overpriced!

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it shouldnt be anywhere near that expensive mate, just make sure youve put all the details in correctly and try doing it over the phone too! if you havent bought the car yet try some other cars too.

good luck

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default w

cheers for the advice starting to get decent prices now must of being doing somethink wrong

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive always found elephant to be reasonable. I was 1300 for my 1.8 16v clio at 17, 1200 for my 172 cup at 19. All fully comp. Its just gone down to 600 for the cup and 400 for the 106 gti. But ive always had the gf on the policy . No points and shes 2 years older than me so that helps