Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by let_nova
    this has come up a lot recently.

IF the buyer requests a refund usually he doesnt get refunded for postage and is to pay to send it back.
    I would refund on that basis which seems fair - although paypal have closed the dispute he filed and not awarded any refund.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rich, dont you look at it before signing the paperwork?

i piss them off, i tell them to wait there whilst i open and inspect it

or sign for it, unchecked ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because paypal wont refund for items not as described outside ebay. they will only refund for not recieved

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damage seems to be multiplying;

PM extract from last night;

"Looks like its been reversed into something when it was on the car as there are 4-5 gouges along the bumper.
    I expected it not to be perfect as its 25 years old but you stated there was no damage to it. It is quite bad so I cant use the bumper, its no good for me I'm afraid"

Put onto my forsale thread;

"Apart from the eight deep gouges out of the bumper you did not mention!"

But the photo he sent only showed 1 . . .

Senior User Club Member Novasport's Avatar
    Derby, Derbyshire. Drives: Nova Sport, BMW M3, Nova Swing, Peugeot 208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You offered me a partial refund, why would you do this if you were adamant it was fine before it left you. You can have the bumper back along with the packaging you said I opened with a screwdriver but I don't see why I have to pay the postage. I did offer to return it at your expense or bring it to any show this year FOC.
    I took an initial photo when I first opened the package which is the one in this post but because I had not fully removed the packaging I had not seen all of the gouges. This is why I said 4-5, on fully removing the packaging later that evening to take the detailed photos you requested(which I had to do under a security light as you deemed it unacceptable to wait til daylight today) I found further gouges totalling 8 accross the bumper which I have detailed photos of. I have all the correspondance with you and the detailed photos of the damage which I will post later on when I am on the computer.
    So are you going to offer me a refund or does this need to continue? As I said I would take this to the small claims court, I have nothing to lose. Please supply me with your full name and address by PM please.
    People on here know me and know I am honest, I would not pursue this but I feel I have to due to your attitude and to prevent other peple being ripped off by you.
    BTW I have not seen your photographic evidence yet!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richard - you are not getting a refund for the postage each way. I dont offer a mail order service where you can return it when you decide you dont want it. As others have stated on this thread it doesnt work like this and had paypal refunded you (which they didnt) then you would have had to pay to return the goods before you got refunded. Thats how it works.

I stated I would offer a partial refund as a goodwill gesture (there was no damage when it left here)- you refused this and reported it to paypal. They decided not to refund you and they got the photos. . .

Dont threaten me Richard, and furthermore dont call me a liar which you have on here.

If you are as genuine as you keep saying you would have tried to resolve this amicably rather than demanding you want a full refund and keep the bumper or I pay to get it back. You have not got your own way so you have;

1. Opened a paypal dispute and lost
    2. Opened a feedback thread and called me a liar and exaggerated the alleged damage (started at 4 "marks" and was at 8 at the last count)
    3. Spammed my other thread.

The "marks" have firstly multiplied as shown above from allegedly 4 to 5 and we were at 8 at the last count - make your own mind up on that one.

I suggest if you indeed are as decent or as genuine as you seem to think you are you PM me and look at the situation realistically. You paid £42.50 for the bumper posted - postage was £19+ - I have stated several times I would offer a partial refund as a goodwill gesture - I suggest you adopt the same attitude then perhaps the situation can be sorted amicably. Calling me a liar and threatening me is not going to further your cause is it?

End of story.

Last edited by kent14sr; 24-01-10 at 05:32 PM.

Senior User Club Member Novasport's Avatar
    Derby, Derbyshire. Drives: Nova Sport, BMW M3, Nova Swing, Peugeot 208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kent14sr
    Richard - you are not getting a refund for the postage each way. I dont offer a mail order service where you can return it when you decide you dont want it.

I stated I would offer a partial refund as a goodwill gesture (there was no damage when it left here)- you refused this and reported it to paypal. They decided not to refund you and they got the photos. . .

Dont threaten me Richard, and furthermore dont call me a liar which you have on here.

If you are as genuine as you keep saying you would have tried to resolve this amicably rather than demanding you want a full refund and keep the bumper or I pay to get it back. You have not got your own way so you have;

1. Opened a paypal dispute and lost
    2. Opened a feedback thread and called me a liar and exaggerated the alleged damage (started at 4 "marks" and was at 8 at the last count)
    3. Spammed my other thread.

The "marks" have firstly multiplied as shown above from allegedly 4 to 5 and we were at 8 at the last count - make your own mind up on that one.

I suggest if you indeed are as decent or as genuine as you seem to think you are you PM me and look at the situation realistically. You paid £42.50 for the bumper posted - postage was £19+ - I have stated several times I would offer a partial refund as a goodwill gesture - I suggest you adopt the same attitude then perhaps the situation can be sorted amicably. Calling me a liar and threatening me is not going to further your cause is it?

End of story.
    Its not 'end of story' as you say. That is the only photo you have, you stated in your first reply(Which was extremely defensive considering my PM) that 'If the packaging was undamaged and my photos show the damage was not present when I sent it then I can not pursue it with DHL.'
    So far you have not produced a photo of the bumper after it was removed from the vehicle or on packaging the item.

1. The Paypal dispute did not go in your favour, it was not persued by them as outside of Ebay they will not decide on an item 'not as described'.
    AFAIK they did not get any photos, I did not send any, did you?

2. 'Started at 4 marks', I actually said 4-5 marks which indicates I did not count fully & estimated. On further investigation as per my previous reply above I found 8 in total, yes maybe 3 are not too bad but the others are!

3. I feel your attitude stinks and I do not wish other people to have the same experience I am having. As I said previously if you were in my shoes I am sure you would do the same.

It is a mail order service, you offer goods and must supply in the condition described. I do want the item but not the damage which was at no point decribed to me as being on it, in your words 'it is in excellent condition' Why should I be out of pocket for your inability to describe something or your clumsiness on damaging before packaging it.

I did try to sort this amicably but your attitude left me no choice but to go this route.

You are welcome to PM me and I have an offer from a member on here to return the bumper FOC to you if I deliver to him, that will be at my expense again as I will have to pay fuel to get it to him.

I await your PM with suggestions as of how to resolve this

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kent14sr

Novacabrio - you were refunded within 24hrs of paying and 5 mins after the accident so what your problem is I have no idea. Had I sent you damaged stained carpet you would have soon made everybody aware. I offered you the boot panel which was not involved in the spillage but you didnt bother replying.
    My problem is I don't acctually believe it happend, all 3 parts of the carpet damaged? Unlikely!

As for Richard and your self. I have known Richard for several years and he wouldnt of opened the parcel with a screw driver, and if you have descrobed it as being in excellent condition with no damage then you have not described the item as per its condition.