Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: vectra gsi at last

Club Member Club Member blue_peg_16v's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

v6 are £100 (i made a profit on the last vectra cdx £86 off egay with no interior took engine out weighed shell in and got £109) so if it pops it pops, i know of alot of cars runing it with no problems, its all down to the set up mine will be going to be set up proply once fitted, and if it was so bad vauxhall wouldnt of fitted it. based onn a difference of £0.60 its £36 a tank cheaper thats a win for me its a banger run about not a show stoper, the loon will also be going on to it but will be having sequential injection.
    told you saloons are the future!!!!!!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn rich i was bored today i could have come over and sampled a brew,thought you would have been teaching only thing i had on today was weigh nova in, pick up astra estate for breaking and get window fitted in trany

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was teaching this morning but didnt have owt on this aft and weather was nice so thought id crack on that new garage of yours will soon be full of crap , see you didnt waste anytime getting bits on gaybay free listing to the rescue

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too right had to take advantage of free listing, put this rack to the side for ya, is there anything you need rich, hoping to get the xe in soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont think so, ill pop round later in the week mate cheers for keeping the rack for us

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i now have a 3rd option for idle blank off the icv and wind the screw out on the throttle boddy so it stay slightly open and idles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the mixer arrived today so i can crack on with it as soon as i have some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well today saw the continuation of the franking zilla lpg conversion under the bonnet is finished could do with a new single outlet control to tidy things up a little but just wanna see it working first there is just the live left to connect but i wanted to check the wiring in the pics of the old car i have before i conect that, was worried it wouldnt run again wile i was on with it, splicing the main engine wiring loom but after i finished it runs on petrol still so just check the wiring and connect the live and should be running on gas which at 67p at local gas supplier is a bargin

heres a few pics didnt take many as was fecking busy i know it aint the tidiest conversion but want to check it runs then i can tidy it up and bugger me was it tight to get everything in there

inlets striped to get access to injector loom omega injector loom had a different plug so had to splice the wiring on the vectra one

vaporiser fitted

omfg were do all the wires and pipes go

almost back together

wires over wing are for the control unit and tank sut off valve now all run inside the car and the skutle is all replaced, tryed the car and it still runs all be it on petrol as there is no live to the lpg system so cant have fecked the wiring that bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well checked the wiring good job too as the tank was wrong, fired it up and it kept dieing when reved then realized that the tank wasnt switched on switched it on and brum brum but wont idle so turned gas up and it ran went a bit to far and got a back fire oops turned it back down and it runs again just got to sort the icv

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the vectra started to run like poo the otherday so thought I'd give it a service (I haven't bothered since changing the engine even the oil was still the same as in the CDC the engine came from

Found the reason for crap runnIng look at what I found in number 1

Also plug leads were shagged so all replaced oil changed and new fuel filter fitted runs a dream again