Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C14SE modification WIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that didnt work either... meh...
    Last edited by Mk1'SR'Dan; 21-11-09 at 10:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1'SR'Dan
    hello peeps, ive just got a C14SE for my SR, ive binned the MPi system in favour of 40 DCOEs, the problem ive got is the 1400 cam box not only doesnt have a hole for the fuel pump to run off the cam, but the dizzy is completely different, my plan is to take the cam box, cam, dizzy and fuel pump off my original 1300 engine and put it on the 1400 engine, could someone tell me if this is possible? muchos appreciated!
    I'm about to do exactly the same, currently running 1.3 on 40's;now going to 1.4.
    started with a Bog C14Se lump, going to fit 1.4 16V pistons max oversize, ported E16Se head, then run a 300 degree Nova cam. (If that bit fails I will have to rob the 1.3 cambox, which will be a shame as I want to keep that engine complete.
    Just bought a used 1.3 dizzy hoping it will fit the 1.4 cambox, the car is set up to run 1,3 electrics so it seemed to be the easiest route.
    Then I have a nice pair of 45's with decent manifold to fit. already running electric fuel pump so that bit isn't an issue
    I also have a complete MPI inlet/injectors/loom etc if anyone is interested.
    Interesting point about the lowering bracket and multi grove alternator pulley, hadn't considered that.
    no idea what output this is likely to have the rolling road will tell me that.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

45s are overkill, flog em and get some 40s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    45s are overkill, flog em and get some 40s
    Got 40's on the 1.3 so can always go back to them if the 45's are too big, guy doing the machining has built lots of competition vauxhalls and his opinion is they will be fine for my application, will have to see when it gets to the RR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alternator issue, arseh*ole... ive had to bin the original 1.4 alternator and use the one off my 1300, you have to muller the plastic bit on the bottom of the cam belt cover to fit the original 1300 pulley on the crank for the 'v' belt to run on the alternator, and yes, you'll have to rob the 1300 cam box cos the C14SE has a newer dizzy, with no connection for the short coil HT lead, AND, your 40s manifold wont fit on because the 1400 cam box has an annoying bulge in the back of it, which probably could be filed or ground off, but wouldnt look so good, you'll also have to use your 1300 crankcase breather box because the 1400 one runs straight up into the cam box, and causes yet another obstacle for the inlet manifold, you might need a longer alternator/inlet manifold mount, or a shorter fan belt... im going to use the 1300 flywheel too, bit of a weight saving... ill keep an eye out for your progress bullseye!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think 45s would be alright on a highly tuned engine, just need some muchos throttling down with narrow chokes, i was considering it and was told the 33mm choke tubes would do the trick... whether or not thats true or not is another story, ill stick with my 40s..!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what she looked like before i got the 40s...

http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/y...iendlynova.jpg

this is with the 1300 engine still in, pre-transplant...!

http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=Image000.jpg

and the new lump, its actually red but a shocking quality picture...

http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/y...firstcoat1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new photos for anyone whos interested, got the 1300 cam box on now, just got to torque it all down, hoping to drop it in over the weekend...

http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=Image034.jpg

http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=Image035.jpg

slightly better pictures..!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a bit more progress, third coat of paint, polished cam cover bolts, and hole for the (not really a) vernier pulley to show through...