Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6x9s

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends how much money youve got and how mad u wanna go i guess, any sound nut will tell u components and a sub for decent treble, mid and bass.
    on the best bang for buck scale tho, personally i dont think u can beat 6x9's, obviously there not as good as the above, but for £50 ish, a fraction of the price of components/amp/sub/wiring kit, and they dont sound crap by any means.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob-mcgrew
    depends how much money youve got and how mad u wanna go i guess, any sound nut will tell u components and a sub for decent treble, mid and bass.
    on the best bang for buck scale tho, personally i dont think u can beat 6x9's, obviously there not as good as the above, but for £50 ish, a fraction of the price of components/amp/sub/wiring kit, and they dont sound crap by any means.
    im not a amp/sub nut just think a decent speaker is enough, just not sure what type or spec

money not really an issue!

have decent wiring and a decent head unit

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i'm not the biggest fan of 6x9's but i suppose they are good value for money if all you want is half decent sounds. Alpine type G 6x9's sound good for what they are, they come in both 2 and 3 way and should retail around £60

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get an ipod? :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craig green
    True. Unless you surface mount them in a parcel shelf, they will sound terrible. They arent renowned for their sound quality at the best of times. It sounds like you have little room for 6x9's, so get some 6" coaxials (typical round speakers) & mount them in some reinforced quarter panel, side trims IMO.
    thats waht am doing, am making new quarter panels out of MDF and then covering them in felt!