Thread: Is This Numpty For Real ???????

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jpga
    Last edited by steve rdf; 11-10-09 at 01:21 PM.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you. and if people really want to no the reason for sale. Its for a vet bill as the cat has exma and going to cost a lot of money to fix and my 4 kids want to keep her. and as i dont have bundles of cash lying around then the car needs to go as it was to be my toy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it was close to me id buy it for 500 quid weld new sill myself new wing 50 quid plate any other bits underseal the whole thing up prep it up for paint myself get a blow over for 500-600 quid got myself a mint white gsi for a bit of work/fun and 1150 quid? all depends how creative and determined you are most people would pay 1150 quid for a mint white gsi if it has been repaired plated undersealed and painted properly.if you actualy look into the work cost involved its easly do able. i mean if someone worked in a body shop all they would have to pay for was the paint 300 quid rest is a labour of love.

Old User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jpga
    if it was close to me id buy it for 500 quid weld new sill myself new wing 50 quid plate any other bits underseal the whole thing up prep it up for paint myself get a blow over for 500-600 quid got myself a mint white gsi for a bit of work/fun and 1150 quid? all depends how creative and determined you are most people would pay 1150 quid for a mint white gsi if it has been repaired plated undersealed and painted properly.if you actualy look into the work cost involved its easly do able. i mean if someone worked in a body shop all they would have to pay for was the paint 300 quid rest is a labour of love.
    WTF this makes no sense what so ever as you said weld it up yourself then good, but you do need some good metel to weld to £500 - 600 to make yourself a mint GSI ??????????????? think level headed there! more like £1000 - 1500 ans still you wouldnt get all the rust out of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GRUNT 16V
    WTF this makes no sense what so ever as you said weld it up yourself then good, but you do need some good metel to weld to £500 - 600 to make yourself a mint GSI ??????????????? think level headed there! more like £1000 - 1500 ans still you wouldnt get all the rust out of it.
    16 quid for a full sill from beavers 50 quid for a wing 30 quid for arches if needed . 16 quid for door bottoms if needed . i have a massive sheet of metal for plating the front and rear panel. that a mate got for me from the body shop get it home strip it all down bumpers wings tailgate bonnet boot windows engine out get the grinder out and the welder out and spend alot of time and effort eliminating the rust underseal the whole car once the rust has been sorted prep the pannels and other items then prep the shell send it for paint. thats the shell sorted clean up the engine service it new cambelt etc. while its out. check brakes all the running gear arms rods hubs etc. then re assemble it all in my workshop. whats that hard about it its time efford understanding and thinking involved.

Old User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look Here Nice Boy As I Work For A Body Shop And Have Done So For Many Many Years Im Telling You It Cannot Be Restored For £500 / 600 Trust Me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok then mate

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look Here Nice Boy As I Work For A Body Shop And Have Done So For Many Many Years Im Telling You It Cannot Be Restored For £500 / 600 Trust Me
    WTF?

Pannels and metal, £100
    Paint and hardner and primer and underseal £200

And the problem is?

Paint it yourself- Free
    Weld it yourself- Free

For £300 I could make that look tidy!

How can people slate him, for being 100% honest in his advert?

As if the skirt and bumper was on, £1000 would be the correct money for a decent "Looking" gsi!

For his honesty, I present some positive REP!

Why you lot cant see past abit of paint and welding is beond me!

Old User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im Not Slating Him For Not Being Honest At All Im Just Mearly Stating That Its A Tad Over Priced For The Condition That Its In And That It Wold Cost Alot More To Restore It .

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im Not Slating Him For Not Being Honest At All Im Just Mearly Stating That Its A Tad Over Priced For The Condition That Its In And That It Wold Cost Alot More To Restore It .
    £1000 says for £500 I would make that look mint!

Want to take me up on it?