Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers benn.

Some good news in that it now starts but doesn't like to stay running, have got a few fault codes to sort out which will hopefully solve this. Although it has a map currently in the ecu it may be a cause from this as some of my engine differs from what the map was specified to before I got the management.

Be nice to get it running correctly for retro rides.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good! What power should you get with that setup?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krobinson View Post
    Looking good! What power should you get with that setup?
    Sorry for the late reply, aiming for a reasonable 350hp, the turbo starts to max out at 380ish so it'l be a nice figure for now.

An update is due, havnt got round to doing it just yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

update

I'm finally getting round to giving this an update, although its not in depth and I have done loads of other bits in between, I've either forgot what I've done or its not that important.

first off, the car now runs. The map that was in the z-let ecu wouldn't let the engine run correctly due to it having different injectors and throttle body. I bought a set of 20 maps off ebay to let me run the car up to temp and check everything was ok. A standard map was no good, so I flashed in the last one which is spec'd for 360-380bhp apparently. The car now idles perfect, gets to temp, fan kicks and off etc. Getting it mapped will fine tune all of it hopefully.

I was never happy with my rose jointed gear linkage I made as it was too stiff on the joints, even lubing them up didn't help. I'm putting this down to buying expensive rose joints from a bearing supplier and wer'nt meant for the job I intended. I sold my old linkage and wanted to improve upon at least some of the sideways slop on my standard one, so I bought a pair of cheap rose joints off ebay. I made up only the sideways bar using the joints and threaded bar and fitted it to the linkage. I'm now very impressed with the slop that's been taken out, I'm tempted to do the rest of the linkage now I know where I went wrong with the first linkage.

With the manifold being so close to bonnet, I was unsure if over time it may melt the external paint. I bought some heat reflective material and stuck it on, hopefully it will have some effect on bonnet temps

Also purchased a new air filter for my 80mm vxr maf.

After looking at the bay I was swaying towards tidying it up even more than it was, my z-let loom I fitted was bugging me slightly as I new I could shorten it some more and take away the length of loom that runs in front of the injectors. That way I could have the injector wiring come from under the manifold. With plenty of time to do it I stripped the loom back off and spent a few evenings shortening it.

I removed around 18inches from the hole centre of the loom, extended and shorted some sensor wiring. I also shortened the interior dash loom for the z-let management, there's minimal items that need to be run inside so it was easier to take more from this.

finished products below.

I started to browse the articles section on here and had a good read through the rack removal while I situ. When the engine was out last time I replaced my original rack with another nova rack, this one didn't have any up an down movement in the bushes inside the rack, so I was happy. But, I couldn't help but want to find and fit a corsa epas 2.7 turn rack. I spoke to my local motor factor that I have an account with, giving them a reg from a corsa that had epas fitted. I explained I wanted a 2.7 turn rack and they sent me one out, only it was a corsa C rack, a phone call back to them and they then sent me out a 4 turn corsa B rack. Another phone call and they said they couldn't help me, nobody listed a 2.7 turn rack for a corsa b. It was proving hard to find one from online breakers as they all offered me a column as soon as I mentioned corsa and epas, disregarding me saying rack. I had a bit of luck and found one via a facebook friend.

old rack out from the side

Stripped, painted and modified the column connector, both nova track rods/rack ends fitted too.

Video of 2.7 turns.

The next thing on the list was my brake pipes in the engine bay, I didn't like how they were routed and could benefit from positioning them differently.

Brake pipe and unions.

All pipes made up.

Painted, fitted and bled. Excuse the loose pipe on the left, I was using it to block my servo vacuum as I had the car running.

Having the pipes off gave me the opportunity to paint my servo again and the master cylinder.

Last edited by brucer; 14-02-16 at 01:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a bit of pussy action too.

My front BCS (boost control solenoid, which is fitted at the rear) didn't have the one vacuum hose connected to anything, I thought it would be ok to vent to atmo, but I've since has some advice and been told to return it to the intake side of the turbo. I bought one of these silicone hose take offs for this as it was an easy fix rather than finding a suitable tube and weld it to the intake pipe I made.

The red cesaros I have fitted are my only set of wheels since my softstars got stolen a few years ago, I've always wanted grey wheels but didn't want to commit to paint the red ones as I still quite like the colour.
    I bought some plastidip in gunmetal grey, painted two wheels with one can(minus centre caps).

The last pic does look quite dark and how I hoped it would come out, but it isn't. Its too light for my taste and doesn't match the trim.

Plans are to bite the bullet and paint them with the grey the trim is in or BMW sparkling graphite. If you look at the pic right at the bottom of this post, the n/s wheel got covered in exhaust soot after I done an emissions test on a defender at work, the soot didn't really want to come off, although its made it darker and better than before. That's more the colour I would like.

Things left to do:

Buy and fit a oil pressure gauge and rev counter. (the z-let tacho wire doesn't like a nova tacho)
    Mapping which I hope I can get done in a couple months.
    I was planning water meth but moneys tight at the moment after having a beautiful little girl.
    Tidy up and paint any trim
    paint my wheels grey
    Remount my lift pump as its hella noisy with vibration.
    plus anything else that rocks up.

In the mean time I have taken a couple proper photos of the car, so enjoy.

thanks for looking

Bruce
    Last edited by brucer; 14-02-16 at 01:15 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do like a smoothed GTE rear bumper; lots of work exhaust side, but biggest gain is from ditching the 90 degree abomination standard inlet. F28 should be loving all the torque!

...Those rods should come with arps?

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good, bays looking nice, brake lines are better routed too. kinda where i ran mine.

Stunning car.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pure sex this car done so well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRoadGhost View Post
    I do like a smoothed GTE rear bumper; lots of work exhaust side, but biggest gain is from ditching the 90 degree abomination standard inlet. F28 should be loving all the torque!

...Those rods should come with arps?
    Yeh you had mentioned before, it will get addressed at some point.

I had the option to add arp's, but as i had some i thought that would be ok, i didnt know they were differant thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    Looking good, bays looking nice, brake lines are better routed too. kinda where i ran mine.

Stunning car.
    Thanks benn, i remember seeing yours at pvs a couple years ago, they've always bugged me.

Quote Originally Posted by nova_stee View Post
    Pure sex this car done so well
    Thanks alot.