Thread: brucers GT/LET wip.

Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly would mate. Would be interesting to see the standard factory LET IC. May have to make use of the extra space to the left of a 1.2 rad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice project mate cant believe ive missed this, looking forward to seeing the finished product

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Tek
    Thought it looks a bit bigger. I know its not going to be easy Benn but never say never.

Will have to think around it. For starters what is the minimum size/spec for a LET intercooler?

They are tiny. So any things good. The std one could be fitted over one side of the rad, like most peeps do with the oil cooler.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just been trying to find a pic of a LET IC, no luck but I have come across a site which sells them. They have it down as 240mm x 128mm x 64mm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just drew it on an A4 piece of papaer and it's about 2/3 of an A4 sheet if that. Deffo tiny like you said mate. That leaves plenty of room. Just need to go have a look at A/C rads now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Tek
    I just drew it on an A4 piece of papaer and it's about 2/3 of an A4 sheet if that. Deffo tiny like you said mate. That leaves plenty of room. Just need to go have a look at A/C rads now.

thanks gunny, i am too.

this condenser is from an agila/wagon r. found it over on ebay, its only 37cm wide so pretty small. I presume you will be having the pipes made up for it?

back to my project.

didnt do much today, test fitted my 7inch fan. does touch the IC bracket i made but isnt causing any harm. tried the bumper on again and it all still fits. phew. have got a 2nd to go on aswell.

onto the hoses from the turbo then, not 100percent happy with it but cant see how it can get any better. if im not happy when i put it back on when the engines built up again then ill consider sorting it out.

Now that all my mocking up is done i stripped it all down and put all my bits away tidy.

also took other small things off, such as the heater blower, wipers and linkage etc.

re-fitted my rose jointed linkage. is a tad stiff as its been stood for a few months. only thing im worried about is that when you put it in gear from inside the car and take it back out, it wont centralise again. is it only the gearbox that makes it come back central?? will have to lube up my rose joints again.

my one heater matrix outlet seems to come out right behind the inlet, is it ment to be like this? cant see how a hose would fit on with it like this.

anywho, i got bored so thought id tidy my garages up. they got mega messy from neglect.

went from this

to this

thanks for looking.

bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That heater matrix pipe needs to be cut down mate dont go too short though and try not to let it lose its shape.

Looking good keep it up

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunny
    That heater matrix pipe needs to be cut down mate dont go too short though and try not to let it lose its shape.

Looking good keep it up
    This is correct, also see that lug on the inlet in the pic, well get the grinder on it mate, also worth fitting solid monts (maybe just rear one, if you want less vibration) as well.

Straight bar looks loads better mate, getting there

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another thought, have you bent the clutch cable hole down and to the right to clear the inlet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunny
    Just another thought, have you bent the clutch cable hole down and to the right to clear the inlet?
    thanks guys, solid mounts would be good, just that with the set of three i wouldnt be able to use the gearbox one as thats the same as the o/s engine mount...

i havnt bent the clutch cable hole yet, can i do it once the engines out or is it best when the engines in so i can see how far to bend it??

thanks for the info, helps if i miss anything.