Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding Water - C20XE Overheating

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only part of mine that seems like it could be possibly wrong is that my water pipe off the small 'Y' piece goes to the inlet manifold, then from there to the part on the left hand side of the engine, rather than going straight there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have parked mine on a hill (fr end up) to bleed it before. Air Bubbles rise.
    But that didnt really help any more tbh.

Maybe someone has a good eng bay pic or coolant flow diagram for an XE?
    User The Simps did a guide on the pipes necessary for the conversion, maybe searching his posts might shed some light...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ST-eater
    The only part of mine that seems like it could be possibly wrong is that my water pipe off the small 'Y' piece goes to the inlet manifold, then from there to the part on the left hand side of the engine, rather than going straight there.
    No, thats about right.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

il have a look for the simps thing now ... really doing my head in as i wanted to get her insured and on the road today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe his thread on another site will help,

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engin...-question.html

I'd be tempted to run it up to temp & occasionally manually switch on the fan to keep it from overheating. Should help with air lock issue & maybe with some uniform heat accross the rad/coolant circuit the fan will work OK.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers, just looked at the migweb link and mine is similar to the way the pipework is, although there is no mention of the pipe that connects between the top rear of the block and then to the cooling part on the inlet manifold then to the header 'Y'. Maybe i have a blockage on this section... might get the pressure washer out again tomorrow and try blowing it through there, but im sure thats all fine anyhow...

So does the pipework connect straight from the header 'y' without passing through the inlet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being 'anti big block' I couldnt tell you. But if the wrong pipe is redundant or its flowing wrongly I guess the flow may backup & not circulate. Try finding some pics in project threads or galleries.
    Sorry

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive just blown through them tubes and water is flowing through. Seems to be correct, but will have a search through pics online and see whats what, :S

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wen car is running does water circulate the whole system ? can tell by removing header tank cap and see if any water is coming back thruw the thin top water pipe and into the tank?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing some searching and im bringing up that there could be problems with the heater matrix being blocked, and also there could be an issue with the thermostat.
    I bought mine from halfords, and it doesnt have a bleed screw on it like some aparently have. Does the GM vauxhall thermostats have bleed screws on?