Thread: ***Whats This Wire For? - Pic***

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ***Whats This Wire For? - Pic***

Hiya, as you probably know im having troubles firing up my c20xe nova, and upon reading through pages and pages of internet forums, i came across a few posts saying that on a c20xe engine there is a green wire that connects to the (-) part of the coil to get it to spark... Can anyone tell me if this is the wire, or is the green they are talking about already connected within the c20xe wiring loom itself? Im running an early dizzy loom with no lamba sensor.. The engine does have a lamba and fuel vent valve, but i will be earthing out the pins on the ecu to run it as an earlier engine as i dont have the connections on the loom.

Please ignore the disconnected plugs an the red wire.. im long lead testing everything at the moment, and connecting the switched black as soon as ive finished this post.

The wire i need identified is the green one with the black connector on the end. When the ignition is on i am getting a 12v reading from it, so surely it needs to go somewhere :S

Also on a quick note, if the fuel pump relay is in working condition, should you be able to hear it working/clicking or not?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to add the green wire is on the XE loom

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

90% of all green wires are todo with the rev gauge,

whats the loom originally off ?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure the guy who sold me the engine and everything bought it and got it sent out to me on while i was on my way home with the engine after collecting as he coudnt find the one that was supposed to go with the block. It has all worked fine, but now there isn't a spark. I have tested the green wire (long lead method) to inside the car where the rev counter wire is, but there is no connection between the two. Im running 2.5 motronic ecu 88-92 astra 2.0 16v

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right i think im narrowing it down to why the car doesnt start....

Ive wired the fuel pump to a 12v source, and i can hear it running fine, yet when cranking the engine in the normal circumstances and wired up how it should be, the fuel pump makes no noise and doesnt do anything.

My next thought was the relay.... ive tried a second one, and they both click as soon as the key is turned on, so i believe them to be working.

I think i might whip out the loom and check for broken wires/contacts. Can anyone give me any gen on where i can get decent or pin to pin wiring diagrams from...

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

\No worries sorted it all now, dodgy hall sensor.. fires first time on the key :D