Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: My Mustard Yellow SR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The box looks really good mate, i like the look of the paint much better than hammerite

iain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abznovasport
    Looks good! I wasn't sure if you would need a primer for it to stick but obviously not. Know what I'm buying now :-)
    Another reason i bought it was because it says no primer required and that its engine enamel so its a little tougher and a bit more resistant to heat, and wil stick to a slightly greasy surface, But it needs a sodding good shake, i shaked it for about 2 mins and came out a bit thin i was like this is a bit ****, so i took some paint out of it by spraying it and then shook it again and it was good coverage after that. was just a bit to full of paint for the ball inside to mix it up i think. came out really nice and tough after that.

Quote Originally Posted by NOV4_SPORT
    The box looks really good mate, i like the look of the paint much better than hammerite
    Cheers. yeh after the conversation with the guy about hammerite i probably wont be using it again.

BUT more updates to follow soon hopefully

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bit of an update,

made the rear disc beam for it. fitted and works like a dream

Needed rear arch repair, i got a full panel but i dont have the time to do a full respray right now, but the rust was ugly. So i just cut the rust out and made my own panel and welded that on, much better then ugly ugly rust
    so heres the repair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great work on the box, worth getting 10 from Colin, cleaning, painting and ebaying.

Nice rear beam, how much were the rear discs and bearings? I need some soon.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear discs were 40 or 50 quid posted off of ebay, and they are mintex ones to. and the bearings are just standard nova ones believe it or not, was well surprised at that. so you can get them quite cheap bout £20 both sides if you get them off of ebay to, sound like a proper ebay nut.

yeh the gearbox came out nice, but i stuck it in and found out that its either a f20 with the f16 CR gears inside or a different final drive as its a lot low ratio on all the gears then my f16 and does 70-80mph at around 4,000rpm!!! which is stupid, feels like your driving in 4th gear not 5th, so im in the process of rebuilding the old gearbox as I prefer MPG to wheels spin mania!

but glad the rear wing is done, always annoyed me looking at it. but it really needs the full body rebuild and respray, but god knows when that will be!