Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: £2,000 for ANY nova?

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pete_58 again.

Epic ranting win though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

£2000 max for a car over 10 years old......

May get me about 10 Nova's and trade the lot for a newer motor :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_58
    they havent thought this throught then really....banks are giving **** all loans to anyone, car finance companies cant offer finance...because banks are sitting on their bailout money! Dickheads...
    banks have money to lend out, they have just been stupid in the past by lending to people who cant repay it. house and business wise

IMO now is the best time if your opening a business, loads of empty shops, and the right business coudl fly now. if ya had a very good business plan and have your head screwed on then you will get the money from the bank no doubt.

and to the above comment, buy 10 and trade them in

that is the excat reason why the "old" cars will jump in value,

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with mike,buy a load of old banger's and become rich

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just go to a scrappy, and ask for everything

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, if the car manufacturers tried discounting their cars, and not demanding that the dealerships are more like a boutique with a cafe & creche attached, staffed by young smart things, and instead had a square of tarmac with a portacabin & a bald headed bloke called reg who knew how to haggle, they could cut overheads & sell cars cheaply...

Club Member Club Member Pistol Pete's Avatar
    Swindoncestershire Building: A Breeze Blue XE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bmw156
    banks have money to lend out, they have just been stupid in the past by lending to people who cant repay it. house and business wise

IMO now is the best time if your opening a business, loads of empty shops, and the right business coudl fly now. if ya had a very good business plan and have your head screwed on then you will get the money from the bank no doubt.

and to the above comment, buy 10 and trade them in

that is the excat reason why the "old" cars will jump in value,
    Banks are not lending money. Hell, they are not even helping their customers. I applied for a payment holliday on my mortgage...got denied, no reason given. After much ranting, toing and froing i am getting one months break BUT they are charging me £99

The banks, IMO, are still being very cautious..too cautious infact. They must start lending again because IMO they are at the root cause of the problems.
    My Rebuild

They're over there with their new toys. Someone brought them in. No idea who bought them though.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_58
    Banks are not lending money. Hell, they are not even helping their customers. I applied for a payment holliday on my mortgage...got denied, no reason given. After much ranting, toing and froing i am getting one months break BUT they are charging me £99

The banks, IMO, are still being very cautious..too cautious infact. They must start lending again because IMO they are at the root cause of the problems.
    your might of got declined for a number of other reasons apart from them having problems. person reasons etc.

yeh i think they are being way to cautious, but that is probably because they have been stupid in the past lending to people who cant repay them. like i said if ya have a very well paid job or a very good set out business plan i cant see why they wont lend to you. if people get turned down for a mortage or business then they are obs not suitable at the mo.

but yes i agree the banks do need to start lending to the more risky oppurtunities so people can start to spend money agian.

i also think that the News which is everywhere also scares people off because they show bad figures, bad news, the credit crunch is worst then ever blah blah. everyone only see's that and then stops spending.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blue_peg_16v
    well if there giving 2k away might have to trade the vectra in on a corsa vxr
    You can get a corsa but you wont get a vxr and you wont get 2k off for the vectra.

The vauxhall deal is, you get a minimum of £1000 trade in. BUT, you have to buy a new car and it has to be the smallest engine possible for that particular model. I highly doubt you will want a 1.0 corsa or a 1.4 astra. The car traded in has to be taxed/mot remaining as well.

I dont like the way they are getting rid of old cars, its a waste. Not everyone wants to be in a car that looks the same as everything else on the road. Not all of them, but most new cars are ugly and boring, theres nothing interesting about them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing is, people have been living way beyond their means for years. I seem to recall some statistic saying how if everyone's balances were spread out evenly, we'd each be in a few grand's worth of debt.

Now that people have REALISED that due to the media scaremongering, those that can have started to save money. Which is a GOOD thing. However, the banks have gotten into a rut of living off interest payments and charges. So the government are trying to get people back into debt to keep the banks going

Which is better, an unstable economy but £5,000 in your savings earning 0.1% interest? Or a stable economy but a £5,000 debt on 5% interest?

As I said to spud earlier, the conspiracist in me thinks this is all down to the banks trying to give out an impression they're broke as they're about to lose the "unlawful bank charges" case, so can use that to wriggle out of compensation payments.