Thread: cheapest place to buy?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cheapest place to buy?

its about time i get off my ass and sort out a system for my coupe. always wanted a full alpine setup, for years now. im not sure whats the 'in' thing nowadays but always had my heart set on a pair of apline type r subs, a decent alpine player and iirc a v12 amp. and then either alpine or infinty speakers all round.

wheres the best place to buy online? the first store i have found are selling the 12" subs for £160 each, and obviously a lot more for a 15", (unsure what i want).and a HU is also the same price. havnt found an amp i want yet though. ebay hasnt got anything decent, theres a few subs but arnt local to me.

any ideas on where to buy from or anybody know of anything decent for sale second hand? im prepared to spend around £600-700 in total (excluding speakers as il buy them at a later date if needbe), but thats including building an install (wont cost me much at all)

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theres a place in manchetser called car audio house that i got told about, but all i got is a name but if anyone on heres heard of it ask for numbers etc

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theres a few places i know of that used to sell at trade prices. but id rather price things up on the net first and then go down to see if i can get a good deal. its a good few years since iv been into ICE so need to refresh my memory a bit first

just found a few full systems for sale, i might just get my money together and wait for the one i want to come up. but im very picky, must NOT be sony, kenwood, fli or any other sh1te like that . would prefer alpine but i was also very impressed with my first infinity system i used to have when i was 17. are rockie fosgate any good still or did they go bust? (iirc they where on the way out last time i was buying)

Senior User
    Sunny Sunderland by the sea. Well, inbetween there and Durham.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RF/Infinity/Alpine/GZ etc. are all decent enough budget gear.

Agreed on Sonly/Fli/Kenwood/Fusion etc etc. Sounds to me like you want JL/Focal/Rainbow/Audison quality for budget money though

Don't buy sh1t because you like the name either man. Type R subs and comps were never nowt to shout about and neither were the stereo and monoblock amps IMO.

Listen to some gear first and do some more research IMO. Oh yeah, you also mentioned 15" subs, I assume from the cars you own and the way you drive that bass is an important factor so you would be better suited to SPL gear?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont worry, il be doing lots of research as iv got other things to buy beforehand.

quality is the most important factor, obviously. but im not spending thousands so if alpine is the best i can get for my budget then so be it. i actually forgot about JL audio, il have a look to see if i can afford it, or maybe see if theres anything second hand out there.

the reason why i want 15s is cos my boot is massive i dont have my music loud so i dont want to 'crooz' wid da bass on in ze bimmer, i just want some bass there when i want it to be. and i also think 12s will look a bit small with the install il be making.

i will need to go down to a shop and have a listen though, but you know what salesmen are like, they just promote the stuff that they have good discounts with and not whats the best.

thanks for the advise though, il get looking. as i said though, itl be at least a month or two before i get spending. got my nova to finish first

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tbh ice adds weight a good head unit and speakers is enough for me.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brainsnova
    tbh ice adds weight a good head unit and speakers is enough for me.
    thanks, very informative

the alpine V12 amps are crap imo, hard to get setup upright if there the digital ones (im like you tho tbh, no been into stereos for a good few years)

i always liked alpine stuff as a 'kid' aswell

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iv always wanted a full alpine system, so even if it wont be the BEST i can get for the money, to me it might be worth it. it all depends what i see for sale when i have the money tbh, i can look all i want at brand new stuff but tbh, if something on ebay catches my eye il probably buy it

and brainsnova - a headunit, speakers and the loom for it adds weight, just take it all out , eh?

Club Member Club Member blue_peg_16v's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try caraudiosecurity.com there usually reasonable
    told you saloons are the future!!!!!!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L33 LEG

Try IN-PHASE gear. You wont be disappointed. My 1400w 12" sub had tonnes more quality bass on a kenwood 600w amp than my mates 2 sony 1400w subs with an amp each!

Not ridiculous prices for quality stuff either.