Page 402 of 410 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 4097

Thread: Iain's 20XE Trackday Nova

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I’m assuming you don’t need the end trimmed for wheel clearance any more then?

On a related note, when you’re adding in castor on your setup, how much movement forward in the arch can you get? Are you bottom arms on rj’s to allow it to angle?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Simps,

We're both running the fully adjustable front wishbones, with RJ's on the bottom arm and on the tie rod.

Iain will have some better pictures than me but I can get some if you're interested to see.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my old nova shell, best I could find!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason for asking is that for mine car I’ll be running full rj’d nissan arms etc and ideally would like to add quite a bit of caster and potentially move the wheel forward in the arch.

I was more curious as to roughly how much the wheel could be moved forward - 10mm? 20mm? And whether you find it eats rj’d because of the angle they are under??

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Simps View Post
    The reason for asking is that for mine car I’ll be running full rj’d nissan arms etc and ideally would like to add quite a bit of caster and potentially move the wheel forward in the arch.

I was more curious as to roughly how much the wheel could be moved forward - 10mm? 20mm? And whether you find it eats rj’d because of the angle they are under??
    Ah ok mate, I've never actually looked at how far it's moved the wheel forward over standard, I'll ask Ben and see what he says, I know that I've not used a set of RJ's in 3 years of them being on the car.

I think our limiting factor is driveshaft angle, bumper clearance and not RJ angle. I'm about to get mine 4 wheel aligned and I'm get 5 degrees of caster and get some photos of the RJ angle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Ah ok mate, I've never actually looked at how far it's moved the wheel forward over standard, I'll ask Ben and see what he says, I know that I've not used a set of RJ's in 3 years of them being on the car.

I think our limiting factor is driveshaft angle, bumper clearance and not RJ angle. I'm about to get mine 4 wheel aligned and I'm get 5 degrees of caster and get some photos of the RJ angle.
    That would be cool, thanks.

I need to start thinking about setting my position in the arch and building the arches soon, so trying to get it all figured out!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be cool, thanks.

I need to start thinking about setting my position in the arch and building the arches soon, so trying to get it all figured out!
    Course mate, I'll see what we can sort out for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I’m assuming you don’t need the end trimmed for wheel clearance any more then?
    I never trimmed it to begin with, my wheel has taken out a section of my current bumper from rubbing but nowhere near enough to warrant that sort of trimming!

On a related note, when you’re adding in castor on your setup, how much movement forward in the arch can you get? Are you bottom arms on rj’s to allow it to angle?
    As House says, RJs are perfectly happy where they are. Shaft angles seem pretty happy too as we've gained castor both on the topmount and the tie rod. Limiting factors seem to be bodywork, although I recall my mate's mk2 Astra the shaft rubbed a hole in the oil cooler sandwich plate so watch out there too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I never trimmed it to begin with, my wheel has taken out a section of my current bumper from rubbing but nowhere near enough to warrant that sort of trimming!

As House says, RJs are perfectly happy where they are. Shaft angles seem pretty happy too as we've gained castor both on the topmount and the tie rod. Limiting factors seem to be bodywork, although I recall my mate's mk2 Astra the shaft rubbed a hole in the oil cooler sandwich plate so watch out there too.

Great info, thank you! I can see the wheel is well forward in the arch.

With mine being rwd I don’t have shaft issues. I’ve set my engine & therefore subframe quite far back which means so does the suspension. I’d done this “assuming” I could centralise the wheel again with castor.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the rear arb you have fitted come from ebay?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182032468899
    And have you attached it with clamps?