Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with a fellow 'L33 LEG'

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Problem with a fellow 'L33 LEG' (update P18-leggett knows about it)

well basically last year i was told about a white yaris that uses my registration, L33 LEG, as a show plate. obviously at the time i was fuming and i did a quick search and found loads of pictures of this guy simply putting my plates on his car to show off. i found that he was on a forum so i signed up and stressed my side of the story and how much i wasnt happy that somebody else is using my plate, whether it be on private land or not. they all slated me and said i was being pathetic.

throughout this year i have seen pictures of his yaris with my plate on in fast car and some other mags. loads of people have asked me if iv bought a yaris and this just wound me up even more. im quite well known across certain forums and of course in my local towns, and when people think iv bought a yaris its quite embarrasing. and knowing that im the guy who paid for the reg its really winding me up.

anyway just reading through the new fast car (think that was the mag) and theres a bloody 4 page feature for this car and my reg cannot stand out more if it tried. it even looks like the pictures where taken on a public road, which is of course illegal.

my question is, what can i do about it? iv tried ignoring it but it keeps popping up and more and more people are asking me about it. its my reg and hes using it. what if he uses it on the local car park and dicks about, the blame could easily come back to me. i know legally nothing would be done, iv tried signing upto the forums to tell the guy to stop using it and that didnt help. i know what town the guy lives in but im obviously not going to drive down and torch the guys car. so what would you guys do?

[IMG]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...8_184001-2.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by L33 LEG; 17-10-08 at 03:50 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that Yaris really suits that plate. i can see why your envy the man so much.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you enquired about legal advice?

may be worth attempting to get a portfolio of pictures of his car on public roads etc to kinda build a case with, better than nothing!

let us know how you get on, what would happen if you contacted the police/dvla complaining about it? surely the dvla arent keeping up their side of the contract (the contract that is made when you exchange money for a reg plate) in letting another car drive around with it on, try bringing it to their attention!

or crash into him intentionally, the paper work would be a mess for that one!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well your best contacting the DVLA maybe explaining your situation as this must be illegal. If you have a copy of the magazine then even go down the local cop shop and get a case sorted out.

I found a link for you to read as well.

http://www.lawanswers.co.uk/question...-number-plates

Hope you get it sorted

Contributer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

surely if seen anywhere near a public road, and those plates arent registered to him, then the dvla should be on his back.

i remember my dad having a porsche,and about 200miles away someone else had same plate. cant remember how itrcome about. but the dvla were straight on the car.

if any of those pics of the yaris are on the road, then he could atleast get fined for it as the plates obv arent the right ones to be legally on the road in 1st place.

why buy a plate for some other **** to use it, especially on a bitch car yaris!:D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contact the DVLA (or police, although I'd try DVLA first) and tell them someone has cloned your registration plate. Whats to stop him putting "your" plates on and driving through a bunch of speed cameras?

I don't think you'll have much luck though tbh, he'll just argue they're show plates for offroad use, although why someone would have that as a show plate, lord knows (no offence to yourself, yours are road legal). The police won't give a monkeys unless he drives into the police station, does a few handbrake turns on the reception desk, a burnout on the donut machine and urinates in the coffee dispenser. Even then they'll just slap his wrist.

Humph, can't see the pic, no photobucket at work

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RJ search for free proxy on google, then follow the link through the proxy site, just as i type this i realise your work says you break MOD unix servers, ill shut up now!

i can see the dvla being more productive than the police, and if they contact the police on your behalf action is more likely to be taken, it will be well worth planning out your argument/case before making any phone calls though, maybe go that extra step and phone up the guy who took the photos for fast car and ask him if the lad drove there

im hating this yaris guy already and its not even my reg plate

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if you had bought a yaris! FPMSL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a loser, why did he not just get "LEE LEG" plates made up for show use rather than making it look like he has a private plate that fits his name.

I'm not a huge fan of private plates where the owner tries to spell out their name, but this guy is just sad.

Offer to sell him your plate for a tidy sum, unless your name is in fact L33 LEG . only kidding...

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another thing you could do is go out and by a white yaris, put your plate on then get him for ringing your car