Thread: 'Laid up' Policy by Adrian Flux.

yorkshire: Drives. A3 Sline,Octavia VRS & J20LTB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 'Laid up' Policy by Adrian Flux.

Hi all,

I thought I'd mention this as I know some of you are similar to myself and dont use your cars throughout the winter months etc, After recently recieving my renewal from Adrian flux I was rather peeved to say the least as for the third year running my policy again had gone up! I havent claimed at all and since I have 7 years ncb and am 28 years old I thought it was time to give them a call to tell them how I felt, To cut a long story short one of their advisors told me how to save some cash telling me about there Laid up policys.... Once you've taken the car off the road for winter etc you can call them and they will swap you onto a laid up policy. Now your no longer insured to drive your car but its still insured for theft,accidental damage etc until the time comes when you want to drive it again you can call them and be swapped back to your original policy and are insured to drive the car again. The only stipulation they have is the car must be garaged whilst on the laid up policy. This saved me a few hundred quid!!! All you have to do is make sure the insurance company Flux get you the quote from will transfer your policy to a laid up one as some companys wont apparantly. Hope this helps some of you!

Nick.

Club Member Club Member blue_peg_16v's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tesco also does this and i thik hic do too
    told you saloons are the future!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I think AF are more likely to pocket the funds they save by having your car 'uncovered' & then put the car back into cover when instructed. Any theft whilst laid up they will honour.....

Club Member Club Member Pistol Pete's Avatar
    Swindoncestershire Building: A Breeze Blue XE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH ive never been a fan of AF, but when i come to re-insure my Nova ill give them a call. Cheers for the heads up.
    My Rebuild

They're over there with their new toys. Someone brought them in. No idea who bought them though.....

Senior User
    Manchester Drives: 911 Carrera 2, MR2 Roadster turbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also they don't offer this unless the car is garaged at your home address. Mine isn't so I have to pay while i'm not using it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craig green
    Personally I think AF are more likely to pocket the funds they save by having your car 'uncovered' & then put the car back into cover when instructed. Any theft whilst laid up they will honour.....
    Thats pretty much how insurance works anyway, insurance companies pocket the money unless you make a claim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye. Tbh I don't see the point.

Club Member Club Member blue_peg_16v's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you would if you saw some of the scrotes living near me
    told you saloons are the future!!!!!!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in a similar boat where I wanted to get some more use out of the nova this year and then take it of the road in a month or 2. I therefore asked when getting a quote for a policy with no early exit fees from the underwriters. Adrian flux were indeed able to find a policy that matches this. Unfortunately themselves have cancellation fees. Their charge is £25 and they don't refund any of their commission (17.5%). So if I plan on using 2 months of the policy that costs £330 (Nova 2.0 for a 30 year old, 6 points, 9 years NCB).
    Then my refund should be as follows:
    Underwriters amount = 330 - commision = 281.
    10 months of £281 = £234.
    £234 - Cancellation fee = £209.
    Total cost of insurance for 2 months = £330-£209 = £121 (bearable)

If I have the nova next year I can the re-start a policy in say April for 6 months which utilising a similar anelogy (I know its spelt wrong but swear filter will kick in) as above then the cost will end up being £215, in my opinion very reasonable. I've tried long and hard to find short term policies for modified cars but I think its safe to say they don't exist.

Doing this will also allow me to move my renewal time so I only need 1 policy per season, therfore only paying £215 per year thereafter (based on current premium)

Iain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have suspended my insurance for upto 6 months when travelling, car still insured for theft, didnt need to be garaged just parked on the road outside my mums, when i come home they reinstated the policy.

That was a few years ago, although Tesco's did it for my mrs for 3 months when she went down under.