Thread: off topic...ebay

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default off topic...ebay

hello all, this is totally off topic, i thought to put it in muppet corner but im not really being a muppet about anything, but if any mods want to move this you can. i bought a carp fishing reel off ebay, pictured was a twin handled reel which is what i wanted so i part with my cash as it was on a buy it now auction. it turned up today as a single handled 1 which is worth less money and totally undesirable.
    i checked the finished auction and it says "auction is for a single handled reel"
    but pictured is the twin handled, and i swear it didnt say single handle reel before else i wouldnt of bought it!!!
    do you think much can be done about this? any one else had this happen to them?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, “DAMN, what a ride!!”

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contact ebay and see what they say. Ultimately its their call on disputes like this.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebizzle normally favours the buyers in cases like this (not always the right thing imo) so it "should" be ok

Although, are you really sure it never said it was a single? and you wasnt just taken by a bargain of what you saw in a picture?.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

next time you are in the market for something, print off the items listing, then it can't get doctored without being caught out.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't think the seller could amend a listing after its taken bids, or after a certain time? Any additional info gets plonked on the bottom...?

Your best angle is the picture - was the picture on the listing an actual picture of the item you were sold? If not, does it say in the description anywhere something like "picture only for reference" or words to that effect?

Moved as its not car related

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razorjack
    I didn't think the seller could amend a listing after its taken bids, or after a certain time? Any additional info gets plonked on the bottom...?
    thats what i was thinking!

iv done it myself, hastily buying something without reading it properly... DOHH!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razorjack
    As soon as the first bid hits the item, the seller CANNOT edit the original text, if they try to, it add a little section of text af the bottom with any amendments

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah RJ is right, if less than 12 hrs left or bids recieved you can only add not ammend, and if you add it will have date and time info was added, if thats after your bid you have a case.