Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Any of you train/bodybuild?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Martin my aim is to lose my belly and tone up,i already am a big lad,im 14stone and im only 5ft 8,
    Totally agree about a training partner mate it does help when they tell you to keep going.I just want to get fitter mainly but tone up.I used to have a good physique 2 years ago and now im eating crap and drinking lots of lager so im bloated

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Martin my aim is to lose my belly and tone up,i already am a big lad,im 14stone and im only 5ft 8,
    Totally agree about a training partner mate it does help when they tell you to keep going.I just want to get fitter mainly but tone up.I used to have a good physique 2 years ago and now im eating crap and drinking lots of lager so im bloated
    Eat better and go swiming couple of times a week

Also all these new beers with smaller bubbles and that, are they less gasy therefore make you less bloated?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water ftw

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerade ftw

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah my biggest problem is eating as i have actually cut down alot on the ale.Id drink 6 cans at least on a night every night then a blowout at the weekend But sometimes i eat pizzas and burgers etc crisps aswell.So just trying to eat properly and train aswell.I like swimming,i suppose theres no excuse to not go swimming with me living 5mins from the beach

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relentless is my usual

Club Member Club Member wisewood's Avatar
    El Secreto, Santander, Colombia, Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren01
    I won't go to the gym , they are a rip-off, but I try my best at home.
    I both agree and disagree with this. If you are the sort of person who doesnt allow yourself to become distracted and can do a sensible workout in your own home using whatever you have available to help you - stairs, bags of bean tins etc etc, then yes, there is no real need to use the gym.

But, if like most people you cant do that and find yourself on the sofa instead, 25 quid for gym membership is a bargain if it gets you off your **** and off to get some exercise.

I used to work a 2 minute walk from the gym. And the gym was a 30 minute walk from my house, so in the morning at 7am i would walk to the gym, treating that as a steady warm up, and then exercise for an hour before showering and going to work for 9am. Did this 5 days a week. Went after work 2 days a week also, and once over the weekend. Never felt better about myself than i did then. And confidence in yourself is worth all the money in the world as it has a positive influence on everything you do.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wisewood
    And confidence in yourself is worth all the money in the world as it has a positive influence on everything you do.
    Wise words. :D

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats exactly right mate,you do have more self confidence in yourself and you realise how "clouded" you were by bad toxins and stress etc.Well thats how i feel anyway if that makes sense?

Club Member Club Member wisewood's Avatar
    El Secreto, Santander, Colombia, Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yupp. Perfect sense.

I used to have little competitions with myself to see how far i could row in five minutes, how far i could run in 20 minutes, how many calories the computer on the cross trainer would say i burned in 30 minutes ... etc etc.

If you make it interesting and keep pushing yourself you dont get bored with it all being the same old scenery all the time.