Thread: Need Help!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need Help!

Hi just right now i have a 1.2 engine with 1.2 wiring. I have this speedo installed at the moment:

which is working fine. I'm thinking of buying a gsi speedo. My problem is, either just a matter of just removing the old speedo and fitting the new one and it will work imediatley or there are some things that needed to be done? Thanks.
    Last edited by -Luke-; 25-07-08 at 08:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top one is a Mk2 speedo, bottom one is a Mk1 item (top one has mounting lugs on the top and side, bottom one doesn't).

For ease of fitting, you ought to get the dialset to suit the car - so if yours is a Mk1, get some GTE dials (no lugs on top/side); if you have a Mk2, get GSi dials (with lugs on top/side).

You CAN however fit Mk2 dials to a Mk1, and vice versa, but you'll need the loom connector block to suit the dials you're fitting - Mk1's have a 12 pin block and Mk2's have a 14 pin block.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razorjack
    Top one is a Mk2 speedo, bottom one is a Mk1 item (top one has mounting lugs on the top and side, bottom one doesn't).

For ease of fitting, you ought to get the dialset to suit the car - so if yours is a Mk1, get some GTE dials (no lugs on top/side); if you have a Mk2, get GSi dials (with lugs on top/side).

You CAN however fit Mk2 dials to a Mk1, and vice versa, but you'll need the loom connector block to suit the dials you're fitting - Mk1's have a 12 pin block and Mk2's have a 14 pin block.
    I think mine is a mk2 the car was manufactured in 1991 (still learning on the nova) http://www.pngclub.com/forum/viewfea...r.php?ref=2726

Are these gte dails?

Few weeks ago i had a rev counter installed on the pillar and i had to pass a wire from the coil i think it was the green wire not sure. I think i have to insall even the oil pressure gauge. The last picter is what im buying. I wish to know what i have to do for all of it to work. Thanks
    Last edited by -Luke-; 25-07-08 at 09:22 AM.

Club Member Club Member peester's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh.. in kph..? fair dos..
    they are late gte or gsi dials.. Think the GTE was called the GSi overseas.
    "let me drive.. i won't make a fool out of you"

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But is it a matter of just removing the old speedo and puting the new ones or i need to add some wiring to the speedo?