Thread: My C20LET Nova won't start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ck

1-Yes, he replied on mig
    2-no, the pump goes live when he bridges the relay, still no spark.....

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have an engine warning light fitted then wouldn't a paperclip test bring up an immobiliser fault if one is indeed fitted?

I had a problem back in the early running days of mine where I couldn't get the fuel pump to run from the ECU. So I wired in a seperate circuit to energise it when the ignition was turned on. The engine would then start after a few hesitant turns and usually plenty of backfiring when attemting to fire from warm. As all the position sensors were new when the engine was fitted I was reluctant to start replacing them. I took it to a garage where they replaced both cam and crank sensors and this cured the fault. After a few days I undid my earlier bodged fuel pump feed and since then it has been fine (running up the fuel pump in advance of cranking).

In short my ECU wasn't firing up the fuel pump because it knew in advance there was a problem with one of the position sensors (probably crank) - sounds wierd!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if its an immobiliser fault and the em light is wored up correctly then it would constantly flash on turn over.

But as perviously ruled out it cant be that.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ck
    if im being ignored fair enough im only trying to help.

1. as i asked a few pages ago. do you have an enging management light wired up?

2. did you say that if you link a live feed to the fuel pump the engine fires?

in my opinion it is utterly pointless trying other stuff if an EML is not wired in.

be sure to check all earths on the LET's loom. also add a couple new earths from the block/alternator/head to the chassis. the LET will still run with a fair few of the sensors disconnected.

do you have a copy of the C20LET workshop manual? it covers pretty much everything and can be a big help, i can e-mail u a copy as a pdf if u dont have one.
    Sorry mate, i'm not ignoring you at all.

There is a live fuel pump wire down at the relay, so there is power down their. Also the EML light is wired in, and it stays on whilst cranking the engine. I assumed this doesnt go out until the engine starts, same as my cavalier SRI.

I've tested my ECU in a friends cavalier turbo and it works, and he has given me another fuel pump relay which we tested first. I'm just waiting on a crank sensor next to try.

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah they all stay on until engines running,

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if this would help, but with my car one of the lamba sensor wires which T's into to the Fuel pump wire in the loom, or power to the relay - can't remember, was earthing during cranking, so stopped the pump from working.. So disconnected it, and the pump works

Although this wasn't the main thing stopping the engine running (as I had bridged the relay), it was something that needed sorting..

maybe of use....maybe not...