PDA

View Full Version : MICKEY OWENS

Anonymous
23-07-00, 11:43 PM
Hi
how do you make home made rear lights it is just what my flushed nova needs mate but i aint got the money for new set please help mate

cheers jon

Anonymous
24-07-00, 12:42 AM
Yeah i could do with knowing how to do the lights. And the fudge is all this 'flush' nova stuff, have i been on another planet? PLEASE TELL ME!

Anonymous
27-07-00, 06:59 PM
okay but it takes time.

bassically what u do is cut the colored lenses from the clusters and replace em wiv reverse lamp lenses from anothe cluster (which u buy from the scrappy)

a cheaper way is to take one ov those portable dremmel grindesr to the scrappy and cut the lenses of and shove em in your pockets.

the rear lights are taperd up towards the top ov the car so they wont fit the right hand side

until u get them heated up on your mothers gas hob (when shes out) and then u can slightly bend em to fit

then u glue em in
its easy
but then i have made a few sets (my mate tried recentlly and gave up coz it cost him that much in scrappy clusters he could ov bought the real things)

you have to have the knack really and mine still took me a few weeks worth ov evenings and weekends to sort em out but they cost me nowt to make.

thing is i had made sum for my last nova which was about 4 years ago and nobody ever noticed em??????

ull have to put colored bulbs in for the indicators.

but u save sum ov the foglight lense that u cut out and set it back into the cluster so the foglight still shines the correct red. then u cover wiv a clear lense.

the quality ov the finnished item really depends on taking ur time (just ask my mate to show his!)

have fun