PDA

View Full Version : Lowering

Anonymous
23-07-00, 10:48 PM
Right here we go, this'll sort the boys from the boys who don't know much!

I have a H reg 1400Sr, it sits quite high, so i want to lower it, heres the tricky part...

I know the SR suspension set up is different from the SRi's as the SRi is lower by 35mm, now is this the springs, the dampers or something else?

If its the dampers, is it possible to put these on mine, making it 35mm lower, so then in theory, if it is, i would buy SRi lowering springs, dropping it a further 35-40mm???

Would this work or is my theory crap and silly?

It's just because instead of buying lowered dampers & springs, i could just get some dampers off a SRi the get some springs for a SRi, in theory dropping it 70mm.

I hope someone can help, cos i get paid on friday, so i'll be skint by monday!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Cheers novabods.

Anonymous
23-07-00, 11:06 PM
It`s all down to the springs, the rears are seperate to the dampers anyway so the springs are the only thing affecting the ride height. On the front it`s the same again, go for a set of -60`s all round but make sure you secure the rear springs or fit sports rear dampers to stop the springs falling out!

Anonymous
27-07-00, 06:49 PM
okay mark here we go

your right ur car does sit quite high when i was speaking to u the other day i needed binoculars to see you matey!!!!!!!!

the sri`s suspension differd only because they had gas shocks (same as gsi) the sri basically had all ov the gsi`s running gear.

sri springs wont drop ur car at all infact they will probably raise it coz ur springs are old and probably have sagged a bit. ur best bet is to buy some springs for the ride hight u want.

if u wanna go low then but some 60mm springs for a gte/gsi but ud be advised to buy the gas shocks to handel em proper. as u now my cars lowered about 85mm on the front but do u really wanna go this low. i think i have hit pot luck because most 60mm kits i have seen are way harder than mine (like most ov the blyth boys) fact is that harder suspension does not automatically make a good handelling car. i had a rac with one ov the seaton sluice lads in has 1.3 sr last year and he had a 60mm koni setup. he might ov left me if we were on a race track but hey guess what? we werent and his car actually handelled like a bag ov shit. it was bouncing all over the place and the back end looked as if it was racing the front round the south beach roundabout!

if u wanna go low then but the swift motorsports aktiv springs 60mm, then buy some new standerd shocks and cut ur front bumpstops down. the only probs with this kit was the fact that it took about 6 months for the back end to settle down. u wont need shorter shocks for ur rear springs and the mot will be okay

there u go jobs a good un!

Anonymous
28-07-00, 10:37 AM
So if i buy some SRi/GSi gas shocks, then got some 40mm lowering springs, would it be lower than mine with standard shocks with 40mm springs?

I dont want it on the floor, cos my drive is quite steep, but i want it to be lower than Bumper Boy's(colins)!

I'm hopefully getting some Cav SRi 14" wheels off my mate, you don't see them on many Novas, i think they look quite good, with yokos on the back, i'll be puttin some firestones on the front.

So if they're on, i want it low enough so the rear arch is level with the wheel, so the top of the tyre is not visible.

Cheers again.

Anonymous
28-07-00, 06:24 PM
it wont be any lower if u change ur shockers. and yours is probablly about 2 meters lower than his white nova anyway