PDA

View Full Version : flat spot

Anonymous
20-07-00, 06:45 PM
When I am pulling off sometimes my nova will jump and bounce as if it doesnt get any petrol. I have changed the plugs but not the leads, could it be the leads or something else? any ideas welcome.

Anonymous
20-07-00, 10:26 PM
how about the heat shields. i had trouble starting my car, but since i replaced these the car fired first time. To check if its these that have gone, simply remove these reconnect the leads without them and take it round the block. If the problem still persists then put the old heat shields on and have another think!

Anonymous
21-07-00, 09:09 AM
It sounds like a spark or fuel problem as you say. From my experience it sounds like one cylinder is missing. Give the car a good service, replace all the high tension service items, HT leads, rotor arm, distributer cap. This will probably solve the problem. Dont spend hours trying to fix it just buy the new bits. If not look to the fuel especially if you are on a carb.

Anonymous
28-07-00, 09:54 AM
Change your distributor cap and your rotor arm. I have a few cars where it has jumped when pulling away and changing these bits has worked everytime.