PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

Anonymous
08-02-01, 11:47 AM
Recently I have been having some engine trouble. My car doesn't seem to be giving me the performance I am expecting. It hasn't been set up properly yet because I am waiting to get the cam done before it is rolling roaded, but seems to be running worse now, than it has ever been before. It feels like there is something holding it back. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be?? Ideas on things to replace that might be holding it back??

In case it helps I did have crank case pressure. Oil was coming out of the filler cap. It isn't rings or pistons because it isn't smoking. I cleaned out the oil breather, did an oil change + filter. It made this much better now.

Any help much appreciated

Anonymous
08-02-01, 02:18 PM
mixture or timing out or vac advance unit broke (i suggest you all check your vac advances cause they are allways broke)

Anonymous
08-02-01, 02:28 PM
cheers mate

Anonymous
08-02-01, 06:44 PM
Not sure what motor you`ve got, but the Vacuum advance aint allways needed, they are a secondary device coz most distributors have got a mechanical advance. Mine is disconnected after advice from the Weber dealer that rolling roaded my motor.

Anonymous
08-02-01, 08:02 PM
you need it working if you are running the standard carb

Anonymous
08-02-01, 10:58 PM
Walkin encyclopedia man strikes again! Sounds like you`re a good bloke to know.

Anonymous
09-02-01, 10:17 AM
I have a webber 32/34. My cars on the featured page, "Dan Widgers 1.3sr" if it helps.

Anonymous
09-02-01, 07:26 PM
If you`ve put an air filter and full zorst on it you`ll need it rejetting, it`ll be too lean which causes flatspots and hesitation etc.