PDA

View Full Version : engine swap

Anonymous
05-02-01, 04:07 PM
could anyone tell me exactly what i need to change my 1.2 sting to a 1.3 sr engine wise eg mounts,exhaust,and anything else as i dont have a clue what i need to do an engie swap i nedd to know everything please cheers

Anonymous
05-02-01, 04:50 PM
The best option by far is to sell the 1.2 and buy a 1.3 sr, reasons are Suspension, roll bars, log book, insurance, wheels, interior, body kit ect...

Anonymous
05-02-01, 07:47 PM
Buying a 1.3 is the best option but engine swap is easy.
All engine mounts are the same, so it bolts straight in.
Exaust manifolds and down pipes are different but the rest back all fit ok.
Wires are same apart from the 1.3 carb has some wires going 2 it 4 the auto choke.
Coolant pipes ok , apart from some smaller 1s go 2 the carb 4 the auto choke again.
The best option is to remove the auto choke and fit a manual 1 , u can get these from places like partco. u wont need 2 then fit those wires or pipes.
Gear Box????
r u planning 2 use your old one? or 1 from 1.3?
your 1 will fit no probs but 1.3 one should b a closer ratio box ( depends on age , earlyer ones r not , cant remember when they changed).
1.3 box will fit straight in.
Is the nova sting 5 speed? if not u will have 2 modife the gear linkage or get the sr one, if it is 5 speed u r sorted.
U will need 2 fit a anti roll bar if u have not got 1, also have a look and c if u have a rear 1 if not get 1 fitted , only 2 bolts.
Brakes r ok . its up 2 u what u do with suspension, the 1.2 stuff will be a bit soft.