PDA

View Full Version : I HATE WIRING

Anonymous
09-02-01, 06:14 PM
Since refiting the shroud after refitting a SR speedo,Ive had probs with lights.The near side driving light rear does not work,neither does my fog light and neither does my number plate light or hazards, or interior light, Ive tried fuses,bulbs and relays, I have so far found out that the numberplate light is tapped off the near side rear driving light, but that still fails to solve anything as of yet, so I am considering stripping loads of panels out in the car to eliminate problems, I think it may be trapped wires behind the shroud but I cannot get my steering wheel off, the last steering wheel I had I drilled/sawed and leavered it off.Please, I would be very greatful for suggestions

Anonymous
09-02-01, 06:57 PM
Probably is a bad earth wire. To get the wheel off, sit in the seat, and wedge your knees behind the wheel so as to put pressure on it towards you. Then using a hammer, hit a centre punch (or other solid pointy thing) in the centre recess of the shaft, really hard. This normally releases em, its easier with a friend.

Anonymous
09-02-01, 10:08 PM
dont do it too hard else you might make the cloumb collapse (part of the safety features)

Anonymous
10-02-01, 11:46 AM
buy a steering wheel puller for bout ?10/?15 id look at the earth too cos u got so much not working.

Anonymous
10-02-01, 07:21 PM
dont forget to leave the center nut on a few turns other wise you will rip it off and smash your face!

i ahve done this twice and it fucking hurts

Anonymous
13-02-01, 01:48 AM
Try and buy a "Laser" steering wheel puller.
Mine cost ?8.60, and it's piss easy with that.
It took three of us to get my wheel off in my last Nova, so I wasn't having any fucking around with my current nova.
It took all off a minuet to get off!