PDA

View Full Version : cost of lowering...

Anonymous
31-01-01, 03:44 PM
Hi

well now i know what to get, i went and founf out how much it is to fit it

120 quid from a garage near me, is that a good quote on changing springs all round ?

I cant do it myself caus i dont have the spring compressor thing, and the time...

Anonymous
31-01-01, 03:54 PM
Just for the springs ?

Anonymous
31-01-01, 04:19 PM
If its for springs and fitting it's Ok, If it's for fitting only its way over the top. Don't you have any mechanic mates that could help? If you know an apprentice mechanic I'm sure they will do the job for about ?20-?30 its fairly straight forwards.

Anonymous
31-01-01, 04:48 PM
the back is easy the only hard bit is getting the nut off the top of the fronts!! do it yourself apart from compressing the front springs and the top nut just get a local garage to do that bit

Anonymous
31-01-01, 06:07 PM
I'am getting my springs put on for ?40 squid !!!! i would tell them to shuv it where the sun don't shine

Anonymous
31-01-01, 06:34 PM
You can pickup springs for about ?60. Try and get someone who knows a bit about cars - they should have no problems fitting Nova springs as long as they have the right equipment, slip them ?20 then thats a total cost of ?80, saving yourself ?40!

Anonymous
31-01-01, 10:06 PM
jeesh

yeah, that was just for fitting...

Anonymous
01-02-01, 10:39 AM
What ste said makes a lot of sense, do the rears yourself (easy) and take the front struts to a garage to get them done, it will take them about 10 mins to do.

Anonymous
01-02-01, 11:33 AM
If you`re dropping it 60 the uprated front shox make a lot of sense, I thought it was a load of bollox until I compared the old gte shocker to the new sports one. Ther damper rods are shorter on the sports units, they`ll lst a lot longer and less chance of bottoming out.