PDA

View Full Version : BLUE SMOKE !!!

Anonymous
30-01-01, 03:12 PM
okay guys, i got my head gasket changed and now me motors burnin oil like fu*k!! never before did it do this!! the only thing that was changed were the valve stem oils seals!! has anyone had an oil burnin problem when they cghanged their head gasket? or can anyone suggest anything ?? cheers

Anonymous
30-01-01, 03:17 PM
R U sure it is burning, not losing oil?

Anonymous
30-01-01, 03:21 PM
It could be like dan says oil dripping on to the exhaust, it could be an oil leak in to the cylinder if the headgasket hasn't sealed properly, or it could be one of the new valve stem oil seals has come loose, you may be able to see the later by removing the rocker cover? or check the plugs to see if one of the plugs is oiled up.

Anonymous
30-01-01, 04:42 PM
doh changing the oil stem seals on an old engine is a bad idea it can cause oil to slip past worn piston rings due to the stem seals bing too good

Anonymous
30-01-01, 05:14 PM
Are you sure the Engine Bolts are nice tight (correct torque), and the oil is not seaping through the gasket?

Anonymous
30-01-01, 08:06 PM
see i shud ask ste b4 i do these things.
thats exactly what happened to mine.put new stem seals on and it start to munch thru the oil.
i got a new bottom end out of an astra van.cars not as quick as it was though:(

Anonymous
31-01-01, 11:21 AM
Ste, not having a dig just curious, how do the vavle stem oil seals cause oil to leak past the rings? I thought all they did was stop oil leaking down the valve stems in to the inlet ports. If the valves have been re-lapped giving a better seal and more compression as a result this could cause it to leak past the rings instead, I think?

Anonymous
31-01-01, 11:28 AM
Its your top end m8. My mates fiesta blowup the other day with the same problem!!
Cheers Si