PDA

View Full Version : Rear discs

Anonymous
30-01-01, 12:22 AM
I have my rear discs 2 fit and was hoping some 1 could help with the hand brake cables?
can u get them from some were ready made? or do u just make your own up? ( cant be arsed would sooner get some ).
also does any1 run a brake bias or is there no need?
cheers bb.

Anonymous
30-01-01, 09:36 AM
I have done my own rear brake conversion using Astra GSI rear brakes. There seems to be a few ways to do the handbrake cable. I used the astra GSI cable this involved a bit of welding and fabrication though, if you are interested I could do you an e-mail of what I did. Ask Mickey Owens how he did his, I think he used the standard nova cable spaced with some washers? Sounded easier than the way I did it.

Anonymous
30-01-01, 08:15 PM
okay heres my advice 1.
i think novatech sell shortend cables
2. u can chop one and weld it like PJ`s
3. i spaced the cable out under the exhaust (where the oute cable comes to the s shaped clip thing) with washers the take up the slack

now for the bias valve i never used one and all i done was put the valver stuff on the front to match, now theres loads ov peeps say you need the valve (ians mate stuck sum on and keeps spinning on corners and hes ground the pads down by 20% in size for less contact area)
now i have a theroey

aperntly the gte/gsi has a bigger servo say maybe this servo/master cylinder pushes to much power to the back with discs? im not sure about this but it would explain why sum peeps need the valve and sum dont.
i would post on e groups about it but i can recive the emails but cant reply for sum daft reason (help ste?)

this might all be bollocks be thats what i rekon and it makes sense (i have a standerd servo etc etc

Anonymous
31-01-01, 06:50 PM
cheers 4 the info all.
i am running a standard servo and master cylinder so i will c if your
theroey is right micky.
i think i will fabricate my own cables and keep u posted on how i get on.